• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Garage Heater – Recommendations?

looks good i just got a similar one 100k btu, 2400 sq. ft 14ft ceilings

This works great in my 30x30, 9.5 ceiling
A few years back we had a record low of -33 and it still cycled like normal when even the house furnace was struggling View attachment 1525792View attachment 1525793
my good buddy is a hvac heat cool guy . he recommends this heater in a garage or shop situation. he calls it a hotdog , i believe that’s a name brand . if i couldn’t afford this one i’d get a used 80-85 % efficiency house furnace in gas . there for sale cheap everywhere….i have a hanging shop heater runs on propane and a air tight wood stove but i only heat on occasion .

Y'all are making me wish I had gas run up here....
Maybe I'll consider a tank instead? It could also serve to feed a backup generator, come to think of it.

I heat 1100 sq ft of my shop with a NG radiant tube heater.

Great heat...like working under the sun on a July day.

Warms the floor and everything in the shop just like the sun.

I have about 9.5 of ceiling height.

I installed it in the 90's. Simple to do yourself.

For about ten years I used a pellet stove to keep the shop @45F or so then cranked up the tube heater . I like a warm shop...too old to be cold.

For 50 years I slept in cold trucks during the winter never wanting to waste fuel by idling. If it got to zero I would start and high idle the engine to keep the oil warm then shut it down again. Used an electro warmth 12v bunk warmer to sleep on. Multiple blankets. Sometimes I wore a ski mask to keep my noggin warm. I was a diehard.

Now I like to stay warm!

Mine were natural gas, comes both ways. I put a small vent in the ceiling above it. I've installed three of these in three different houses. Easy, no noise, no electric, clean, set thermostat and walk away and will heat 3 car garage cheap. I still have one in the box new, I decided not to put it in this house. I'll keep it incase I do decide to install.
Mr. Heater® 40,000 BTU Propane Non-Vented Infrared Heater

Auto Transport Service
Back