• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

FOR SALE Garage Sale, engine, transmission, differential, brakes, a little bit of everything

Status
Not open for further replies.

superbee_68

Local time
2:46 PM
Reaction score
Contact seller
I am selling because I plan to propose to my girlfriend soon and need money for an engagement ring. If I didn't need money for the ring, I wouldn't be selling most of this stuff. I am also selling my 1967 Belvedere, 1978 Dodge Ramcharger,1989 Rexhall/Airex 25 ft. Class A motorhome.

PM me for more pics or info. I will reply with my phone number.

Here's the list:
11" front drum brake setup complete from 69 GTX - $200
b-body 8.75" rear end, 741 open case, w/ 10" backing plates, good axles, unknown gears, will part out - $300
8.75" drop out, 742 case, sure grip, clutch style, 4.11 gears, new yoke, was pulled because pinion nut backed off 200 miles after rebuild, needs a new pinion nut at minimum- $400
Various cylinder heads - $100 a pair
Tons of thermoquads, rebuilt or use for parts - $30 each
Accessory drive, distributor, carb, intake, water pump, ps pump, alternator, etc. from 1966 383 4 barrel - $300
Accessory drive from 1972 400 - $200
440 cast cranks - $75 each
Various pulleys, bracket, water pump housing, connecting rods, covers, etc... -ask for price
big block 727 tranmission - $150
440 blocks, two available, believe they are 71 - $300 each
440 forged crank - $250
383 block, 1966 casting, w/ forged crank - $400
68 auto floor shifter parts, make offer

If you don't see it mentioned, I probably don't have one.

IMG_0886.jpgIMG_0934.jpgIMG_0936.jpgIMG_0938.jpgIMG_0943.jpgIMG_0952.jpgIMG_0953.jpgIMG_0954.jpgIMG_0955.jpgIMG_0956.jpgView attachment 177919View attachment 177920View attachment 177921IMG_0933.jpgIMG_0932.jpgIMG_0931.jpgIMG_0887.jpgIMG_0885.jpgIMG_0888.jpgIMG_0889.jpgIMG_0912.jpgIMG_0913.jpgIMG_0914.jpgIMG_0915.jpgIMG_0917.jpgIMG_0918.jpgIMG_0924.jpgIMG_0925.jpgView attachment 177922

Last edited:
X2

I made that mistake once...

(Sold my 70' SE/RT Challenger 440 Gomango for the House and wife to be)
She is LONG-GONE and the Challenger too!

If you want to put her to the test, because its gonna come up sometime, tell her you can't sell the stuff you may need later and that you will get her a ring on payments. Better to find out now than after a few years!........................MO

Do you have a picture of the 440 Forged Crank. If you do and is OK shape I will most likely take it...cr8crshr/Tuck

Putting all of this up for sale was my choice. The irreplaceable stuff like my first car, 68 Coronet in my avatar, and the 70 Roadrunner 440 six-pack race car I will keep. This is a good girl and I am 100% ready to marry her. She is a text book ideal girlfriend, has a great family, and truly has my back no matter what. She has two horses that she competes off of so she knows how much money expensive hobbies will take from you and supports my restorations and racing. Hopefully I can raise the capital to start the process soon!

Congrats!!!! If she's "the ONE", go for it !!!!!!

Putting all of this up for sale was my choice. The irreplaceable stuff like my first car, 68 Coronet in my avatar, and the 70 Roadrunner 440 six-pack race car I will keep. This is a good girl and I am 100% ready to marry her. She is a text book ideal girlfriend, has a great family, and truly has my back no matter what. She has two horses that she competes off of so she knows how much money expensive hobbies will take from you and supports my restorations and racing. Hopefully I can raise the capital to start the process soon!

The embarrassing part is, she drives a nearly brand new dodge dually 4x4 with a cummins and I drive a half ton dodge 4x4 with a hemi. She has a 25 foot gooseneck with living quarters for pulling the horses. I have an old beat up open car trailer with a wood floor for pulling the roadrunner to the track. It's always embarrassing when I'm driving her truck and people notice the pink zebra cummins girl front license plate. She is bringing just as much if not more than me into this soon to be engagement. And we both love "horsepower," whats not to love.

Hey Rob,
congratulations!
I made It back, 2100 miles in 58 hours!

Money saver tip #1: Don't buy a specific 'engagement ring', but buy a wedding band set and give her the 'big half' as an engagement ring. It shows you are committed to getting married and it will save you a bundle in the long run. Let's face it...what happens to an engagement ring once married? It sets in a jewelry box...or gets sold (at a loss) later on.

Hey Rob,
congratulations!
I made It back, 2100 miles in 58 hours!

I'm glad you made it back! Was she worth the drive?

I appreciate the advice Dako. I'm know pretty much nothing about rings so I need all the help I can get. I think I'm pretty lucky because the rings she has shown me so far are very simple, has one large center stone and two smaller outer stones with a simple band. She said she would rather put more money down on the house then me buy a ridiculous ring. I can't wait for the first person to send me money and buy something so I can get this show on the road!

Want More advice? do what she wants, an buy the ring she prefers, as she sounds quite practical. Most people in their 20's aren't looking at houses, and they should be. The car was better than described, but I'm definitely selling
the 15x8 mangel wheels, I prefer the stock look.

Attachments

• 006.JPG
    006.JPG
    142.1 KB · Views: 824
  • 017.JPG
    017.JPG
    147.1 KB · Views: 827
Want More advice? do what she wants, an buy the ring she prefers, as she sounds quite practical. Most people in their 20's aren't looking at houses, and they should be. The car was better than described, but I'm definitely selling
the 15x8 mangel wheels, I prefer the stock look.

The car looks awesome! I agree, wheels have to go. Should be an easy fix. I'm glad you took the car home, it is now in good hands.

I have to give credit where its due for even being able to even consider buying a house this young. My parents paid for school so no student loans and I got a great job when I graduated. I started the process of building credit when I was 19, my dad's advice, so that I would be able to buy the truck I drive now and qualify for a loan on a house. Mom kept me from trying to jump into a house too soon on an FHA loan with a huge PMI payment and getting locked in to an area that I don't really like in a neighborhood with an HOA, all would have been horrible mistakes. I have had a lot of help along the way and I am very grateful. Once I get my shop, I plan to restore my dad's old rusty 70 chevy pickup. For some reason that I cannot figure out he loves the thing. I also plan to continue to make mom's GTO faster. She says it doesn't feel fast anymore, what a cool mom.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Auto Transport Service
Back