• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Gas Tank Straps, Grommets, ect. Cordoba

slepr1

Local time
11:56 AM
Reaction score
I'm getting my shopping list ready for the tank swap in my 77 Cordoba. It has the larger tank and I'm changing it to a smaller tank (spectra cr21a) for the dual exhaust. I have a new sender already. What other parts do I need and where do I get them? I'm not sure of what straps will fit and grommet for the filler tube. I want all new. Thanks.

I got my fill tube grommet from Year 1, if I remember correctly it's the one they list for a late A-body tank. They have good pictures on their site so you can match it up with your old one.

Update

I just placed an order with Rockauto for a cr10B tank, ST222 straps, FG93B fuel sender to convert my 77 Cordoba large tank to smaller 20 gallon tank. $270 delivered.

All that is left is the filler grommet.

Not too bad for a rubber donut. Somebody wanted $43 for the one listed for my 77 Dodge. I refuse to pay that much. I'm sure I can find something else that works for less.

- - - Updated - - -

Not too bad for a rubber donut. Somebody wanted $43 for the one listed for my 77 Dodge. I refuse to pay that much. I'm sure I can find something else that works for less.

At National Moparts I got my grommet for $20.

The tank straps I bought were the wrong ones...didn't fit the car. I reused the old ones after sandblasting and powdercoat. The new tank sits up closer to the body than the original.

Does anyone know the Chrysler part # for the grommet? I'm looking for a grommet for a "76. Thanks

Does anyone know the Chrysler part # for the grommet? I'm looking for a grommet for a "76. Thanks

I searched like hell for one for a 66-300 with no luck. I did find that a grommet for a 68 Dodge Dart was the exact same grommet as a C body and fits better than O.J.'s glove, just a FYI on what to expect. Good Luck

yea i put a 71 rr tank in my 75 only dif is the bump on top witch is some rollover valve they added way cheaper gromets nothin spec most mopars use same one dog

Yet another,,The one from my 79 300 is the same as the one in my 88 Ram truck.

I have a complete fuel system from a 79 Chrysler 300 ( dual exhaust ) - tank, sender with modified 3/8 fuel line pick-up), straps, filler neck with donut. All in great shape. Will not separate. $125 plus shipping.

Auto Transport Service
Back