• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Gen 3 Hemi + 6 speed + OEM Console

enriquerdz

Local time
3:45 PM
Reaction score
Hello Folks

I need some help from experts on the Gen 3 Hemi swap.

I have a 70 charger that I want to make a Hemi Gen 3 swap 2015 and up models, and I want a Modern Manual 6 speed Transmission, but the real trick here is I would like to keep the original looking in the interior , so I would like to keep the standard Center console with the 70 model Pistol grip.

Most of the swaps I have seen requires modification in the body to fit the transmission, I have no problems by doing that but I want the shifter to be positined exactly where the original 4 speed would be, in such a way that it will look like factory.

Is there any specific Brand or Model for transmision that would make this deal ?
Any kit ?

I would be mostly taking a Hemi from a wrecked car and hopefully I can reuse the transmission also from a wreked car.

Any advice , guidance will be welcome.

Thanks

im doing 6.4 with mopar t-56 spec magnum in my 68 coronet . i had to re work the floor to fit the t-56 , i kept the auto console and just made new brackets

1660525707473.png

1660525676478.png
1660525655482.png
1660525540109.png

im doing 6.4 with mopar t-56 spec magnum in my 68 coronet . i had to re work the floor to fit the t-56

im doing 6.4 with mopar t-56 spec magnum in my 68 coronet . i had to re work the floor to fit the t-56 , i kept the auto console and just made new brackets

View attachment 1328736

View attachment 1328735View attachment 1328734 View attachment 1328733
This is great, can you share more info about what kit are you using, I guess there is a conversion kit required to match the t56 and the gen 3.

What brand and what kit are you using ?

no kit they were way too expensive , made my own tunnel , cross member and converted my auto pedals to manual
the tr6060 has no slip yoke so you will need 2 piece slip driveshaft , will need a core shifter relocation kit and it does not have provision for speedometer so you will need gps or some kind of tone ring to get speedometer

no kit they were way too expensive , made my own tunnel , cross member and converted my auto pedals to manual
the tr6060 has no slip yoke so you will need 2 piece slip driveshaft , will need a core shifter relocation kit and it does not have provision for speedometer so you will need gps or some kind of tone ring to get speedometer
Man , if you would upload some pictures of your build would be great I might do the same as you but I need some guide.

Any of the 5 or 6 spds will require tunnel mods.. But the Stuff from Silversports is going to require the least Mods..

Auto Transport Service
Back