ord27

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
1:52 AM
Reaction score
1970 Superbee with white bucket interior, purple exterior

1)upper interior door color: white? black? body color

I've seen pics of all 3 options. Which color is correct?

2)seat belts: for a big block driver with a mostly very correct interior, do yall run stock seat belts? or upgrade to a 3 point system?

3) seat belt headliner clips and coat hangers: headliner is white, seatbelts black....what color coat clips and headliner belt clips (If I go with original belt style)

thanks

biomedtechguy

Accelerati Rapidus Maximus
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
Reaction score
1970 Superbee with white bucket interior, purple exterior

1)upper interior door color: white? black? body color

I've seen pics of all 3 options. Which color is correct?

2)seat belts: for a big block driver with a mostly very correct interior, do yall run stock seat belts? or upgrade to a 3 point system?

3) seat belt headliner clips and coat hangers: headliner is white, seatbelts black....what color coat clips and headliner belt clips (If I go with original belt style)

thanks
Just my opinion:
1: Whatever color you want
2: I have a V-Code 70 Roadrunner and installed a driver's side 3 way retractable seat belt and shoulder harness. The factory "shoulder" strap grabs me around the neck, (6' 3" 270#) and the new one is safer and more comfortable.
3: See #2

WileERobby

Local time
2:52 AM
Reaction score
upload_2022-1-30_9-27-15.jpeg
I'd do: white, stock, white.

davek

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
Reaction score
P1020780.JPG
factory would be white,on my Bee I have body color

ord27

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
Reaction score
thanks guys!

WileERobby

Local time
Reaction score
Looks so much better body color. White up there looks very odd.
Interesting. Since I was always used to the factory interior color-match doors, the body color to me appears odd. I only started seeing that, obviously in recent years, on cars that were restored.

ord27

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
Reaction score
yea, I'm still undecided.
The two pics above, also have me debating a buddy seat. Up until now, I wasn't going with one....

hunt2elk

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
Reaction score
The upper door panel color should be coded on your fender tag if you want to go original.

ord27

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
Reaction score
no fender tag:cursin:

BeepBeepRR

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
Reaction score
Interesting. Since I was always used to the factory interior color-match doors, the body color to me appears odd. I only started seeing that, obviously in recent years, on cars that were restored.
Ive seen them body color or black. Never door panel color. But then again I was not around back in the hay day so I'm not totally sure what is correct. I just like the body color. Breaks up the door a bit.

R413

Local time
11:52 PM
Reaction score
As said the inside doors were white originally. The seat belts and all retainers & coat hooks were black originally.

Inside doors were not necessarily matching body color from factory. In 1970 you wouldn’t see red, orange, top banana yellow or limelite green, etc on the interior. Since I’ve been at this for years it looks odd to my eye to see that.

Now some exterior colors were used on the upper door frames depending on the color combo: of course EW1 and TX9, also EB7, EF8, FT6, FK5 and so on. But these always matched what was going on with the interior colors. Not contrasting like the hi impact colors do. If you look in a decoding book you can see the list of door frame colors they used.

Last edited: