• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Generation Gap?

I woke up at 4:20 everyday and still to this day I can't just sleep through with at least looking at the clock around that time, no I don't get up, but after all these years you would think that part of it would pass.

I wish that I could sleep that late. :(

Your internal clock will slowly change and once you mind realizes it doesn't have all the baggage, it will get better.

That is great to hear Ron! Remember when we were kids and our elders would say every year goes by faster. It seems like warp speed sometimes, now. Here we are now, the elders. We think back on our lives and think, wow if only. Like my dad used to say, if the cow **** butter you wouldn’t have to churn it. We can’t worry or regret the what if’s or the if only. Our days are numbered and we need to look in that mirror everyday and say, I did the best I could and tried to be the best I could be! If I died tomorrow, I’d have no real regrets. The most important thing in my life has always been family and my extended family as far as friends! I remember when we moved here, seems like yesterday, it’s going on five years. Everyone asked, are you going to retire? I don’t know if I ever will really. Hell, I’m only 61, I still love what I do, and am able to do it. According to the docs, except for a few little things ( past injuries ), that I eventually have to get fixed, I’m healthy as a horse. No meds, I’m basically the same size I was as I graduated. Never been a drinker or even smoked a joint. I always said, I get high on life. What am I going to do if I retire? I’m still out there having fun! Sorry for the rambling! Enjoy, take care and live your life to the fullest everyday, you deserve it!

That is great to hear Ron! Remember when we were kids and our elders would say every year goes by faster. It seems like warp speed sometimes, now. Here we are now, the elders. We think back on our lives and think, wow if only. Like my dad used to say, if the cow **** butter you wouldn’t have to churn it. We can’t worry or regret the what if’s or the if only. Our days are numbered and we need to look in that mirror everyday and say, I did the best I could and tried to be the best I could be! If I died tomorrow, I’d have no real regrets. The most important thing in my life has always been family and my extended family as far as friends! I remember when we moved here, seems like yesterday, it’s going on five years. Everyone asked, are you going to retire? I don’t know if I ever will really. Hell, I’m only 61, I still love what I do, and am able to do it. According to the docs, except for a few little things ( past injuries ), that I eventually have to get fixed, I’m healthy as a horse. No meds, I’m basically the same size I was as I graduated. Never been a drinker or even smoked a joint. I always said, I get high on life. What am I going to do if I retire? I’m still out there having fun! Sorry for the rambling! Enjoy, take care and live your life to the fullest everyday, you deserve it!
Appreciate the kind words! Yeah – in my case I’ve had too many bad habits (followed my dear dad who still made it to 94) but I’m still doing fine and able. Been helping my kids a lot, no grandkids yet, and nothing on the horizon I know of…both aren’t married. Yeah – I know some people who like their jobs enough to want to keep at it and in many respects enjoyed what I did…but the passing gen’s as I posted earlier about and starting up new working relationships with people half my age or younger just got to be cold quick. Don’t need to do it anymore so reckon why keep doing it having enough hobby and other stuff I used to have to make time for? Thanks again and all the best to you & yours!

Ron you will have the time now to work out why your rebuilt 318 poly isn't performing....

Good luck on your retirement!
Lol, nice memory! Thanks!

Auto Transport Service
Back