• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Getting my 516 heads done.

Well using the compression calculator and me trying to CC the damn heads I came up with give or take a CC 75cc's on the heads. I couldnt find thebig dropper thing my wife has so I used a 3cc dropper a crap load of times.

So I ran a calculator with what numbers I have and here are the results. But I need to get the block decked so the deck height will change.

Bore: (diameter)4.280
Stroke:3.375
Cylinder Head Volume:75
Effective Dome Volume:0.00
Use (-) for Dome and (+) for Dish.
Deck Clearance:0.04
Compressed Gasket Thickness:0.039
Number of Cylinders:8

Compression Ratio : 9.49 : 1

Total Displacement (in.3) : 388.46

Total Displacement cc's : 6368.2

And these numbers with steel shim 0.020

Compression Ratio : 9.92 : 1

Total Displacement (in.3) : 388.46

Total Displacement cc's : 6368.2

Hell yea I'll get the wife to order me on on her prime account. I saw Jegs and Summit had this crap for over a 100 bucks.. I was like holy crap.. Also yo were absolutely correct on the heads not being anywhere near 65 to 70 cc's I should listen more often... lol

Hell yea I'll get the wife to order me on on her prime account. I saw Jegs and Summit had this crap for over a 100 bucks.. I was like holy crap.. Also yo were absolutely correct on the heads not being anywhere near 65 to 70 cc's I should listen more often... lol

Since I looked up the link, I read the reviews, one person commented that it doesn't hold up to alcohol... I guess for that you have to use a glass burette... I'll keep using colored water..... If I had a glass one I'd have broken it years ago... As it is I keep it on a shelf behind my shop radio & It's been there for years...

Here's a 50 Ml burette for $11.... You'd have to fill it twice but still not bad & it's cheap...

I'm doing basically the same 383 build as the OP, same 516 heads, 2.14 intakes, 1.81 ex. I've cc'd the combustion chambers numerous times, and I keep coming up with 76-77 cc's. Speed Pro 2315 flat tops @ .030 over. Crower solid flat tappet cam-advertised lift .529, [email protected] I. 240 deg, E. 244 deg.
Zero deck, .039 Fel Pro head gaskets.
Say...can I borrow your Play -Doh when you're done with it?

I'm doing basically the same 383 build as the OP, same 516 heads, 2.14 intakes, 1.81 ex. I've cc'd the combustion chambers numerous times, and I keep coming up with 76-77 cc's. Speed Pro 2315 flat tops @ .030 over. Crower solid flat tappet cam-advertised lift .529, [email protected] I. 240 deg, E. 244 deg.
I got rid of it long ago... However I need to finish taking the block down to get it to the machinist. One head surface is way out of wack. So I will probably end up close to 0 deck. I will know more once I get it to him.

Sounds like a likely piston to valve clearance issue

Auto Transport Service
Back