• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Glove box door and manual brake steering conversion

Gldwing57

Local time
4:51 PM
Reaction score
Any one got a decent glove box door for 66 Satellite for sale?

Also who's best vendor for brake and steering conversion kits?

Thanks..

The "best" is kinda' relative to what is important to you (price, looks, etc.). I went with Wilwood because they are good quality, they have a kit for my car, and I think they look cool. I converted my stock 10" drums to 12" disks using a Wilwood kit that I bought through Summit.

The kit included every nut, bolt, bearing, and bracket necessary to do the conversion, but it did not include a master cylinder ("MC") or any plumbing. I added a Wilwood MC since I was going to upgrade my stock, single-pot MC anyway. I also paid extra for the Wilwood proportioning valve and soft lines to the calipers. All-in, it probably cost about $1200. On the plus side, the instructions were really good and everything fit together without any issues. Wilwood support is also pretty good. I called them several times with questions and the representative was always very helpful, even though I was ordering my parts through Summit. They even helped me choose the right MC for for my car. After talking to the rep, I sent the first MC I ordered back to Summit in exchange for the right one.

The new brakes have been great! I really like the way car drives and stops with them.

Check out bergman auto craft. He has complete kits and great customer service.

Auto Transport Service
Back