• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Going to Boise 2/8

Skytrooper

1SG (Ret.)
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
2:17 AM
Reaction score
I have to go to Boise to go through my brothers apartment and stuff. He has very MS and can no longer function on his own. He has his apartment and 2 storage lockers. I have 2 weeks to look through and liquidate bascally everything he owns. He was doing ok until December when he had a bad fall outside. He has been hospitalized ever since. He is being moved into adult assisted living facility. I do not know how much of his stuff he will have room for.
This is going to be a tough one. I have no help once I get there except his ex wife will loan me a car. I will probably wind up donating a ton of stuff to goodwill, VVA, ReStore, or whatever. Someone who will come and get the stuff.
He is pretty depressed about it, which I understand. It is very hard to get him to discuss the whole deal with. So basically...I am going in blind

All the best. Stay calm. Take care.

I feel the pain. I just posted a picture a few minutes ago of me burning my Sister's stuff back in 2009. Maybe there are some FBBO members in the area that could help ease the pain, or add some laughs as you work your way through things.

You may want to contact one of the larger churches in the area. They often will have a good size men’s ministry and groups will volunteer to help in a situation such as yours. I myself have done so here. A lot of people need various types of help and Boise and the surrounding cities like EagLe, Meridian etc have pretty good size churches and men’s ministries. I believe they’ll help you. The population of that area is very nice and giving. I know because that’s one of the places I’m considering moving to

Off I go in the morning to Boise. The adventure begins. Thanks for all the comments and advice !

I have to go to Boise to go through my brothers apartment and stuff. He has very MS and can no longer function on his own. He has his apartment and 2 storage lockers. I have 2 weeks to look through and liquidate bascally everything he owns. He was doing ok until December when he had a bad fall outside. He has been hospitalized ever since. He is being moved into adult assisted living facility. I do not know how much of his stuff he will have room for.
This is going to be a tough one. I have no help once I get there except his ex wife will loan me a car. I will probably wind up donating a ton of stuff to goodwill, VVA, ReStore, or whatever. Someone who will come and get the stuff.
He is pretty depressed about it, which I understand. It is very hard to get him to discuss the whole deal with. So basically...I am going in blind
Just saw this, I am local... not sure what I could have offered in the way of help, but hopefully it went smooth.

Auto Transport Service
Back