• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

going to do the 62

hacksaw

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
6:43 AM
Reaction score
ok we going to do the 62. nobody wants her and tried selling parts but kinda glad no one wanted any.
rust free TX cars don't fall out of the trees up here.
so far we got a 440 for it BB K frame and everything to make breaks happen.
going to be a cruzzer so the auto power steering and A/C got the nod.
going to make a 2 door of it and am going to Ohio friday to cut up a donor car for that. good doors ain't that easy to find in the rust belt.
getting the TX abandoned title switch to PA is alot more work than i thunk it would be. but like in most goverment folks nothing money won't fix.
wish me luck and il post pics as i go. if anyone has done a 4 door/ 2 door swap feel free to give input on it ...lol
other than my tow truck this will be the biggest project ever ... mods wise.
IMG_0001 - Copy - Copy.JPG

img (9).jpg
IMG_8804.JPG

Glad you are going to save it, 62's are some of the best looking cars out there :)

thanks guys .. cool pics helping to motivate me.
img (1).png

well .. went hunting and gathering. had a fuel feed unit go up in smoke so didn't make carlisle today.
went and got the doors from one guy. stopped to get the wheels from the other. wound up with a set of steelies a tractor (yes a tractor) and a 73 C body dressed with a 440 HD tow package power everything and like new leather inside. and a set manifolds for the dart..... lol. guy has a ton of old school wheels from back in the day.
lil woman wants to know when im going to learn.... lol
KIMG0184.JPG

IMG_20230930_145911.jpg

IMG_20230930_150015.jpg
IMG_20230930_145946.jpg

IMG_20230930_150033.jpg

I love 62's. I can't wait to see the transformation to 2 door. I would love to make a sleeper out of my 4 door, also a rust free NM car.
20220615_122420.jpg

I love 62's. I can't wait to see the transformation to 2 door. I would love to make a sleeper out of my 4 door, also a rust free NM car.
View attachment 1532759
the gut i got the doors from had the quarters from the donor car but were really rusty and coudn't make the deal on them happen. so il have to do a sheet metal cover for the door jam. but once its all welded in i can remove the hinges and it should be good..... this is a big bite for a guy that would rather make them run and let someone else make them look good...lol

went a bit over board and got a 4 wheel disc swap kit for the dart..... and all the stuff to rebuild the front end. 440 run on the ground and the trans i got looks good inside.
got lots of parts here and more coming so hope to be a runner over the winter. we will see.

Last edited:
Auto Transport Service
Back