• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Good day at the local car show

Charles Cook

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
1:08 AM
Reaction score
Won first place in classic and won peoples choice and won the 50/50 raffle for $ 160.00. I donated the money back to the church that put the show on. Not a bad day. I need to purchase a lottery ticket. Lol.
8D8693AC-4895-45FC-A2CF-6BDE54D9A797.jpeg

That is a kool ‘68 road runner! I’ve never seen a “999” Corporate “Petty” Blue one in person. That color was available til at least 1973, as I knew a guy with a Dart Sport 340 4 speed car that was original paint in that color.

That is a kool ‘68 road runner! I’ve never seen a “999” Corporate “Petty” Blue one in person. That color was available til at least 1973, as I knew a guy with a Dart Sport 340 4 speed car that was original paint in that color.
In 73 it was coded TB3 Basin Street Blue
In 69 it was only used on very early cars, when Richard Petty (Who was signed with Plymouth) couldn't get a Daytona he jumped ship & signed with Ford so Chrysler dropped the color... When Richard returned in 70 so did the color..
Screen Shot 2022-09-17 at 8.24.04 PM.png

BTW Congrats Charles! Good day for sure... Well Played on donating the prize back to the Church...

In 73 it was coded TB3 Basin Street Blue
In 69 it was only used on very early cars, when Richard Petty (Who was signed with Plymouth) couldn't get a Daytona he jumped ship & signed with Ford so Chrysler dropped the color... When Richard returned in 70 so did the color..View attachment 1344387

BTW Congrats Charles! Good day for sure... Well Played on donating the prize back to the Church...
I’ve heard old folklore that Plymouth specifically built the Superbird to get Richard back on the team. I know he wasn’t happy with the brick aerodynamics of the ‘68. Although he ran good at the super speedways with it.
97CC4895-0F37-4A8A-A533-30FB63F99733.jpeg
B03297FD-367B-4159-8322-7C35B8CDEBC4.jpeg
And talk about stock... the car still had door handles and vent wings! The Superbird had neither.

Week long training AT THE BEACH, followed by double win, YOU'RE SPOILED CHARLIE!!! Yes on lottery tickets, Just let all here know if Powerball &/or MegaMillions so we don't buy tickets, save our money.

CONGRATS ON WINS!!

I’ve heard old folklore that Plymouth specifically built the Superbird to get Richard back on the team. I know he wasn’t happy with the brick aerodynamics of the ‘68. Although he ran good at the super speedways with it.View attachment 1344391View attachment 1344392And talk about stock... the car still had door handles and vent wings! The Superbird had neither.
I don't know anything about driving race cars, but it sure seems like having the front end dropped as low as his 68 in the pic above would be a detriment to handling.

I don't know anything about driving race cars, but it sure seems like having the front end dropped as low as his 68 in the pic above would be a detriment to handling.
Pretty sure the guys at the shop had the alignment dialed in to compensate for the rake of the car... Getting the nose down is an effort to get under the air (minimize frontal area) as well as create down force..

It actually helped. The front end would lift on those cars at 180 MPH. Getting it as low as possible helped somewhat. I read an interview Richard did about the Superbird. He said the average driver could get in one at 180 MPH, and drive it one handed. He said it tracked that well with the downforce of the airfoil.

Triple play - sweet! Nice move with the donation - church or charity of choice. Either or. Thumbs up!

"Leaf spring extenders" (shackles) were something I laughed at even back in the day. So silly....:)
I laugh when I see people walk by a row of over the top restored cars with overseas repo junk parts on them just to look at a beater with shackles and track bars that were made in the USA because you can tell they have been on there for 40 plus years.

Congrats ol' Blue did great :thumbsup:

cool photos guys

68 Roadrunner Advert. #1 Missing Link.jpg

Last edited:
Auto Transport Service
Back