• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Good day at the local car show

I’ve heard old folklore that Plymouth specifically built the Superbird to get Richard back on the team. I know he wasn’t happy with the brick aerodynamics of the ‘68. Although he ran good at the super speedways with it.View attachment 1344391View attachment 1344392And talk about stock... the car still had door handles and vent wings! The Superbird had neither.
That was Pettys most cheated racecar. They reworked the roof of that car so much that they put the vynal top on it so the Nascar inspectors would not pick up on how much it was cheated. Because of cars like this and Smokey's 15/16 scale Chevelle there are body templates today!

That was Pettys most cheated racecar. They reworked the roof of that car so much that they put the vynal top on it so the Nascar inspectors would not pick up on how much it was cheated. Because of cars like this and Smokey's 15/16 scale Chevelle there are body templates today!
I’ll be damned if I can see any improvements. It still looks like a brick in the wind to me. :D

Auto Transport Service
Back