• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Good day of picking...need pics of headers

Rolling Thunder

Local time
7:45 AM
Reaction score
Had a good day of mopar picking today with my boys. Acquired a really nice pair of 63 plymouth wagon taillight bezels, a great split bench seat, numerous emblems, a set of frame ties and what I think is the best...a set of early b body fender well headers in very nice shape. Dont know brand but large tube and THICK flanges. Now with this being said, I need underhood shots of early b's or any b I guess with fenderwell headers.

These were out of a 64 dodge.

0501002125.jpg

0501002124.jpg

The fenderwell headers used by Mosher's were made by Thorley. They (Thorley headers)have since sold out, but the guy that fabbed them for Thorley still has the jigs to make up a set. Prepare to open WIDE at $1,400. w/o coating!!!

$1400.00, damn. Good thing I planned on building my own from the beginning.

Great score! I don't have an ID on those headers but they sure are neat! Nothing beats a set of pipes like that in an early b.

I found out they headers were off of Jim Brandons 64 dodge drag car "Rebel Rouser". I've emailed him and he graciously emailed me a shot of his engine bay area to see where to cut out fenderwells. Thanks Jim!!

Here's the shot he sent to me. I am not sure if the car is an original max wedge car but I guess its been a racer from years back. Heres a quote from on site about the car..."A long-time race car, the Rebel Rouser was run as the Bob Blair Blitzkreig in the 1960’s." I tried looking up Blitzkreig but couldnt find anything.

underhood headers.jpg

Fenderwell headers are still available from Dougs Headers(Doug Thorley's old company).Part # D440-R for the raw uncoated price is $635.53

t350_bc94750477a4cbf465a46aecbc5e8830.jpg

Wow! that is much better than what the former employee wanted to charge for them back in Feburary:) Very cool that they are back in the catalog.

Moshers was selling some of the fenderwell headers they had but dont know what their price is. Ron

3508106452_00684d553a.jpg

I can't remember the brand, but they have never been used. Been hanging in my Dads garage for like 30+ years.

Auto Transport Service
Back