• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Good deal on a new car???

FU64RY

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
3:14 PM
Reaction score
Has anybody had anybody tell them they got a bad deal on a new car.

NO! nobody would admit they got a bad deal. Every body gets a good deal.

I'm here to tell ya and have the proof that we did get a super deal.

My wife Just took delivery of a 22 VW Tiguan SEL-R LINE(Tiger Iguana).
List $39,254.
Traded her 21 Subaru Crosstreck with 9813 mile on it, bought it new exactly 1 year ago for $25,470.
They gave us $31,152 on trade.
So for $8,102 difference we are in to a NEW 22 VW. She drove the car for over 9K miles and a full year got all our money back and $5,682.

IMG_1872.JPG IMG_1873.JPG IMG_1875.JPG IMG_1878.JPG IMG_1880.JPG IMG_1881.JPG

The used car market is hot right now with the chip shortage for new vehicles and plants having to shut down and not enough new cars to supply the demand.

unbelievable great deal. you did great!
except...... what did the new buggy go for, 6 months ago?

Speaking from purely a mechanical repair breakdown viewpoint, don't keep the VW past warranty. In terms of a trade in you did great but it reflects also the value of a Subaru as they age. They keep their value much better. It will be resold in a week. Best of luck with the new ride, no German cars for me, over engineered un necessarily and very expensive repair bills.

What it really shows, is the De-Valuation of the Fed US Dollar. I Pray you're All Ready...

A guy I work with same thing. Sold his 2021 Sonata with 9,000 miles back to the dealer for 2K more than he paid out the door.

I bought a 2021 Jeep Grand Cherokee 6 months ago and paid sticker. There were no dealing on the very few in western US.

You think you got a good deal. Now. You just paid sticker on a vehicle. Not too shabby as they're banging people $2500 + over sticker. In a few years, your vehicle will probably depreciate lower than the difference you just gained.

No one ever gets a "good deal" on a car if they trade them in every year.

Up here in Ontario, guys are buying/leasing new pickup trucks, drive them for a year, and trade them back in for a current model. The dealership up here has a U.S. broker that buys them and ships them to U.S. Usually, the seller makes $3,000 or $4,000 on the deal, plus getting a new vehicle every year.

now that the thread has been revived
5/22 bought a ram 1500. they couldnt get what i wanted in state. out of state, got a truck with almost everything i wanted. taxes, fees, blah, blah, blah included, 500 UNDER msrp, with 0% . no trade
no haggling, no hi pressure add on sales spiel. out the door in 40 minutes.
9/22, bought her a 23 grand cherokee, same dealer. gave me 7000 on her '12 journey trade, paid msrp less trade in. paid by check, out the door in 35. again, no haggling, or extra sales pitch.

With the greedy UAW on strike, there won't be any new car deals if the strike lasts any length of time.

Currently, dealerships in the greater Savannah, Georgia area have a nice selection of R/T, Scat Pack, and Hellcat models.

Savannah & Statesboro Georgia best inventory.
Bluffton & Beaufort South Carolina inventory fluctuates a bunch.

Regarding used car values,
in my opinion once people realize their only option is a microphone/camera/alcohol sensor equipped EV, we will see a revival of cash for clunkers(CFC2 electric boogaloo!) and the fallout on used cars is going to be EXTRA extreme this time as both the new cars are anethema to many Americans and old cars will be destroyed off the market.
I was going to sell my '13 AWD hemi Charger, but I am going to hang onto it for 2 years now to see what happens. Worst case I get to drive it two more years and get my money out of it that way.
By then we will know if these insane new laws will stand, if the auto makers will back track on ther EV only stance due to financial impact on their shareholders, etc. Rumors were flying in 2018 Chrysler was retiring the 5.7 in 2020 and the new Alpha Giulliani was going to be the new Charger platform. Then they trounced that and said 5.7 to 2023. I knew right then it was a bad omen. Now, recently, rumors about them making a Charger with a twin turbo inline 6 were out there(and quickly erased it seems) which sounds a lot like the now aging Alpha platform coming back around. I would be game to trade in for a 500HP AWD twin turbo inline 6, so long as it doesn't have the spyware installed. Time will tell.

Auto Transport Service
Back