• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Goodmark Charger Bumpers

Christian B

Local time
6:03 PM
Reaction score
I am looking to get some decent reproduction bumpers to replace my tarnished and dented bumpers on my 69 Charger. I live in the U.K so have to factor in the High shipping costs
I looked on classic industries site and saw that they do the Bumpers for $549 .I then did a Google search and found some Cheaper Goodmark Bumpers .Does anyone know what these are like as they are quite abit cheaper than the classic industries ones
Screenshot_20240415_232911_Opera.jpg

I am looking to get some decent reproduction bumpers to replace my tarnished and dented bumpers on my 69 Charger. I live in the U.K so have to factor in the High shipping costs
I looked on classic industries site and saw that they do the Bumpers for $549 .I then did a Google search and found some Cheaper Goodmark Bumpers .Does anyone know what these are like as they are quite abit cheaper than the classic industries onesView attachment 1647172
I believe those are what went on my 69 20 years ago. Think they were $500.00 for the pair shipped from an E-bay seller. Fit and finish on mine are fine but I don't know if they have changed since then.

5-27-06.JPG

05-27-06.JPG

I don't have Charger bumpers BUT the Goodmarks I have for my '69 RR are decent. Not "show chrome" but certainly as good as original ever was.

All after market bumpers have flaws. They can't compare to the old fashioned method of straightening and re-chroming the correct way. It used to cost $200 a bumper here in the US back in the "day" to have them re-done correctly.
The environmental activists have pretty much shut the old school chrome shops down. The shops that are still kicking charge $1,500 and up to re-do one bumper and are 6-12 months out.
I'm going to run AMD re-pops this show season (they suck, Chinese $hit) but I have a shop fairly close to home lined up to have my original cores re-done correctly and back this coming winter. $1,000 per bumper. I'll throw the AMD's up for sale for the next sucker at 50% off.

Get these cars done while you can boys. They will be outlawed soon enough.

Last edited:
I suspect Goodmark and AMD get their bumpers from the same source. I have both for different cars, quality seems very similar.

Right. ‘Cause, you know, the hundreds of thousands of originals that were produced were absolutely perfect !!!
Certainly much better than the Chinese are cranking out these days. Keep kidding yourself about acceptability. Not to mention the repops are not true triple chromed like the originals.
Let me know if you want some pics.

Last edited:
I don’t need your pics, I can just go and look at my originals that are on the car I’ve owned for 50 years !

I bought that rear bumper from Goodmark a few months back and although it not on the car yet it looks good.

AMD has them as well... probably from the same fabrication house as the others

I don’t need your pics, I can just go and look at my originals that are on the car I’ve owned for 50 years !
AMD was making bumpers 50 years ago? :lol:

I think you're missing the point kent.
We are talking about the quality of the repop bumpers. I have originals as well, hence my statement.
Since you obviously have not had to purchase a repop bumper lately you really don't have a valid opinion.
I would love to see some pics of your original bumpers and what you consider a flaw. Rust and dents don't count.

The chinese repops are wavy, poorly straightened and the chrome is always poor quality compared to what they did back in the 60s. They are hit and miss. Some look pretty good, some look like $hit.
The only way to properly re-do them is to have a professional chrome shop straighten and re-chrome with true triple chrome.

I will have a brand new pair of aftermarket 68 Road Runner AMDs up for sale this coming winter for anyone who is interested. Will only have been on the car for 6 months. 50% off.

I think you're missing the point kent.
We are talking about the quality of the repop bumpers. I have originals as well, hence my statement.
Since you obviously have not had to purchase a repop bumper lately you really don't have a valid opinion.
I would love to see some pics of your original bumpers and what you consider a flaw. Rust and dents don't count.

The chinese repops are wavy, poorly straightened and the chrome is always poor quality compared to what they did back in the 60s. They are hit and miss. Some look pretty good, some look like $hit.
The only way to properly re-do them is to have a professional chrome shop straighten and re-chrome with true triple chrome.

I will have a brand new pair of aftermarket 68 Road Runner AMDs up for sale this coming winter for anyone who is interested. Will only have been on the car for 6 months. 50% off.
Yeah, whatever dude.

Auto Transport Service
Back