• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

SOLD Gorgeous 1969 Dodge Charger RT/SE for sale.

Status
Not open for further replies.

cruiser

Local time
1:53 AM
Reaction score
Contact seller
For sale is my 1969 Dodge Charger RT/SE. I'm getting older now and need to send it to a good home, preferably a younger person who has a love for these cars and will appreciate what they have. I've owned this car since April of 1991, and you can read/view my entire story in FBBO under the title of "My 1969 Dodge Charger RT/SE". I'd also strongly encourage you to go to YouTube and watch my detailed walkaround video entitled "1969 Dodge Charger RT/SE" from the poster named "6828oaklawn". The odometer shows 32,856 non original miles. If you need more photos of specific parts of the car, please let me know. This Charger is located in Minneapolis (55438) and can be viewed after April 1, 2023 due to the large amount of snow where its being stored (indoors, under a cover, of course!). It is also the current class 400 (68-70 B-body Dodge) champion from the June of 2022 Midwest Mopars National Car Show and Swap Meet. You'll have to bring your own trailer, as I cannot deliver it. This is an original RT/SE built at Dodge Main in Hamtramck MI in October of 1968. It was originally F3 light green metallic with a green interior and green vinyl roof stripe delete car. This IS NOT a "numbers matching" car. The original engine and transmission are long gone, but the car has its original 3.23 Sure Grip axle. The engine now in the car is a correct E series 1969 440 HP with the correct Carter AVS four barrel carb, stock intake and exhaust manifolds (powder coated), reproduction Group 27 AGM (absorptive glass mat) battery, electronic ignition conversion, Sanden rotary R-134a compressor conversion, and everything else stock under the hood. The transmission is a correct A-727-B Torqueflite automatic transmission from the 1969 model year. The engine and transmission were both professionally rebuilt. I have the dyno slip from the engine rebuild, which reflects 355 horsepower and 450 ftlbs. of torque. The car was entirely remanufactured and restored in 1994 - 1995, and is now Q4 Light Turquoise Metallic with a white interior, transverse tape stripe and vinyl roof. I have many photos of the restoration process if you want them, along with all the restoration documentation and paperwork, and a reproduction window sticker set reflecting the restored (not original) configuration. The car has its original VIN tag, fender tag and a clear Minnesota title. As you can see, this car has been restified - that is, restored but modified from its "as delivered" condition. Full details of the original and added options are on the link referred to above, but these are the options on the car right now (not all of which are original, as I mentioned). RT and SE packages with front anti-sway bar, 440 magnum HP V-8 engine with dual stock exhaust, console shifted Torqueflite three speed automatic transmission, Duncan Engineering Shift-R-Arm shifter with real walnut grips (made by a gunsmith) to replace the plastic stock grips (the original console shifter comes with the car), 3.23 Sure Grip rear axle, power steering, power front disc brakes (Kelsey-Hayes dual caliper), power windows, Chrysler AirTemp air conditioning, leather front and rear seating surfaces, light package, Tic-Toc Tach with electronic quartz movement that keeps perfect time, pedal dress up, wood grain steering wheel with several small cracks in it, hood mounted turn signals, wood grain instrument panel, left and right head restraints, six way seat, tinted glass all around (Chrysler OEM, not aftermarket), rear defogger, three speed wipers, locking gas cap, cruise control, AM 8-Track radio which works and includes a case of Chrysler factory demo (and some other) tapes in a vintage vinyl carry case, rear seat speaker, and American Racing Torq-Thrust wheels on Goodyear NASCAR yellow letter tires. Spare is the stock original Goodyear Speedway Redline F70/14 repro tire that has never been used accompanying a repro trunk mat and full correct jack set. This is the complete package with two sets of factory keys and ready to drive immediately. The sale also includes a box of spare parts, a poorly fitting but heavy car cover, and a set of full tinted date coded glass (less the windshield), and all the trophies (17) that it has won over the years if you want them. Here's what I think it could use: The tires have good tread, but given their age the new owner should consider replacing them. There is a small tranny leak somewhere, which should be to easy to repair, and the passenger door power window is a bit sticky. Otherwise, you should be good to go. The car doesn't handle that well (compared to my wife's new Mercedes) even with the RT package suspension components, but is a real beast when you open it up - so please drive carefully!

The sales price is $89.5K and is non negotiable. No offers or trades will be accepted. If you're looking to fulfill your 1969 Charger dream, PM me but serious buyers only please. This is a stunning looking car, and it will be a long time before another one like it comes along. No need to spend years chasing after parts and looking for someone to do bodywork for you. This is the finished product ready to drive. BTW, note the photo of the driver's sun shade. I'm a big Richard Petty fan and he was kind enough to autograph it (although his pen ran out of ink halfway through) so you'll probably have the only Richard Petty double autograph anywhere. Thanks for looking and for your careful consideration - Cruiser

IMG_1300.jpg

IMG_1304.jpg

IMG_1305.jpg

IMG_1302.jpg

IMG_1161.jpg

IMG_1303.jpg

IMG_3778 (1).jpg

IMG_1571.jpg

IMG_1572 (1).jpg

IMG_3046.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes, it is. You push the grip downward to move it into drive, then allow it to pop up slightly to lock into gear. Just a different way to operate a console automatic, but better looking than the factory shifter. The two photos above show both sides of the pistol grip. As I mentioned, I didn't like the cheap look of the standard plastic grips. So I had a very skilled gunsmith fabricate two solid walnut grips to exactly match the plastic ones. He went through his supply of walnut wood stock to match the existing wood grain of the dash and console in my Charger. I was very pleased with the results, and I now use a silicone impregnated gunsmith's cloth to clean and shine it up. Whoever buys the car will get to enjoy this unique feature.
Is that a pistol grip automatic handle?

IMG_3829.jpg

IMG_3830.jpg

IMG_3836.jpg

IMG_3843.jpg

IMG_3844.jpg

Last edited:
For sale is my 1969 Dodge Charger RT/SE. I'm getting older now and need to send it to a good home, preferably a younger person who has a love for these cars and will appreciate what they have. I've owned this car since April of 1991, and you can read/view my entire story in FBBO under the title of "My 1969 Dodge Charger RT/SE". I'd also strongly encourage you to go to YouTube and watch my detailed walkaround video entitled "1969 Dodge Charger RT/SE" from the poster named "6828oaklawn". The odometer shows 32,856 non original miles. If you need more photos of specific parts of the car, please let me know. This Charger is located in Minneapolis (55438) and can be viewed after April 1, 2023 due to the large amount of snow where its being stored (indoors, under a cover, of course!). It is also the current class 400 (68-70 B-body Dodge) champion from the June of 2022 Midwest Mopars National Car Show and Swap Meet. You'll have to bring your own trailer, as I cannot deliver it. This is an original RT/SE built at Dodge Main in Hamtramck MI in October of 1968. It was originally F3 light green metallic with a green interior and green vinyl roof stripe delete car. This IS NOT a "numbers matching" car. The original engine and transmission are long gone, but the car has its original 3.23 Sure Grip axle. The engine now in the car is a correct E series 1969 440 HP with the correct Carter AVS four barrel carb, stock intake and exhaust manifolds (powder coated), reproduction Group 27 AGM (absorptive glass mat) battery, electronic ignition conversion, Sanden rotary R-134a compressor conversion, and everything else stock under the hood. The transmission is a correct A-727-B Torqueflite automatic transmission from the 1969 model year. The engine and transmission were both professionally rebuilt. I have the dyno slip from the engine rebuild, which reflects 355 horsepower and 450 ftlbs. of torque. The car was entirely remanufactured and restored in 1994 - 1995, and is now Q4 Light Turquoise Metallic with a white interior, transverse tape stripe and vinyl roof. I have many photos of the restoration process if you want them, along with all the restoration documentation and paperwork, and a reproduction window sticker set reflecting the restored (not original) configuration. The car has its original VIN tag, fender tag and a clear Minnesota title. As you can see, this car has been restified - that is, restored but modified from its "as delivered" condition. Full details of the original and added options are on the link referred to above, but these are the options on the car right now (not all of which are original, as I mentioned). RT and SE packages with front anti-sway bar, 440 magnum HP V-8 engine with dual stock exhaust, console shifted Torqueflite three speed automatic transmission, Duncan Engineering Shift-R-Arm shifter with real walnut grips (made by a gunsmith) to replace the plastic stock grips (the original console shifter comes with the car), 3.23 Sure Grip rear axle, power steering, power front disc brakes (Kelsey-Hayes dual caliper), power windows, Chrysler AirTemp air conditioning, leather front and rear seating surfaces, light package, Tic-Toc Tach with electronic quartz movement that keeps perfect time, pedal dress up, wood grain steering wheel with several small cracks in it, hood mounted turn signals, wood grain instrument panel, left and right head restraints, six way seat, tinted glass all around (Chrysler OEM, not aftermarket), rear defogger, three speed wipers, locking gas cap, cruise control, AM 8-Track radio which works and includes a case of Chrysler factory demo (and some other) tapes in a vintage vinyl carry case, rear seat speaker, and American Racing Torq-Thrust wheels on Goodyear NASCAR yellow letter tires. Spare is the stock original Goodyear redline repro tire that has never been used accompanying a repro trunk mat and full correct jack set. This is the complete package with two sets of factory keys and ready to drive immediately. The sale also includes a box of spare parts, a poorly fitting but heavy car cover, and a set of full tinted date coded glass (less the windshield), and all the trophies (17) that it has won over the years if you want them. Here's what I think it could use: The tires have good tread, but given their age the new owner should consider replacing them. There is a small tranny leak somewhere, which should be to easy to repair. Otherwise, you should be good to go. The car doesn't handle that well (compared to my wife's new Mercedes) even with the RT package suspension components, but is a real beast when you open it up - so please drive carefully! The sales price is $89.5K and is non negotiable. No offers or trades will be accepted. If you're looking to fulfill your 1969 Charger dream, PM me but serious buyers only please. This is a stunning looking car, and it will be a long time before another one like it comes along. No need to spend years chasing after parts and looking for someone to do bodywork for you. This is the finished product ready to drive. BTW, note the photo of the driver's sun shade. I'm a big Richard Petty fan and he was kind enough to autograph it (although his pen ran out of ink halfway through) so you'll probably have the only Richard Petty double autograph anywhere. Thanks for looking and for your careful consideration - Cruiser

View attachment 1430631

View attachment 1430632

View attachment 1430633

View attachment 1430634

View attachment 1430635

View attachment 1430636

View attachment 1430637

View attachment 1430717

View attachment 1430719

View attachment 1430960

Here are a few more interior, underside, wheel and trunk photos. Please PM me with any questions. Thanks.

IMG_3825.jpg

IMG_3826.jpg

IMG_3827.jpg

IMG_3831.jpg

IMG_3832.jpg

IMG_3833.jpg

IMG_3834.jpg

IMG_3835.jpg

IMG_3836.jpg

IMG_3837.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.