• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Got a compliment on my hair today.....but it wasn't....

Cranky, you're gonna be catching up to me!
IMG_0897.jpg

I wish I had the body that I had when I was in basic training!

from a woman!!! Went to the auto parts store to get a tube of white grease and the guy taking my money said "I like your hair" and well, took me by surprise. Imo, my hair sucks. My last haircut was about 10 months ago and it was so bad (manager of the place that was a woman) that I've trimmed it myself recently and don't think I did all that good of a job. He didn't act gay or do anything that may have 'spoke' that he was so I dunno lol. Maybe it's the way gen Z people are? This is pretty much the way it looked when I went there with a holy T-shirt and dirty jeans lol.

View attachment 1339701
From a totally objective viewpoint, you're a good looking guy !

My reaction to the people that like my hair is; "Thanks at least it hasn't turned loose yet"

At least you have hair! I've been wearing hats for 35 years now. Not for decoration but to protect my scalp from sunburn. I found out my hair was thinning way back then while sitting in a pool drinking beer for a couple hours. The burn was so bad I could feel the heat radiating off my domb with my hand a foot above the top. Later on I also learned that bugs are attracted to the shiny reflection without a hat. Soooooo, be happy you can still be a hairy bum!
:lol:

bunch of damn hippies up in here
:rofl:
I spent a lot of younger life with "locks" like some of these fellas - and vowing to never keep it as short as
my dad "high and tight"...
That said, I've cut my own hair for a few decades now (the justification being that I can mess the job up
as easily as anyone else who tried and save the $25) and over time, it's gotten shorter as a result.
Simple enough task - put the 1/2" attachment on the clippers and get to mowing! :thumbsup:

If you like some heavier blues type stuff this one is really good.
Note the hair...

from a woman!!! Went to the auto parts store to get a tube of white grease and the guy taking my money said "I like your hair" and well, took me by surprise. Imo, my hair sucks. My last haircut was about 10 months ago and it was so bad (manager of the place that was a woman) that I've trimmed it myself recently and don't think I did all that good of a job. He didn't act gay or do anything that may have 'spoke' that he was so I dunno lol. Maybe it's the way gen Z people are? This is pretty much the way it looked when I went there with a holy T-shirt and dirty jeans lol.

View attachment 1339701
I would have too agree, you look very pretty!! :thumbsup:

Get a hair cut and get a real job! Get it together like your big brother Bob,you gotta get haircut and get a real job!

Your hair looks good. Keep it! I no longer have the patients (sp?) to go for mop top of old again. I could still do it but the hair grows very slow these days. Florida is also a bit bigger than NY.

At 20. Again a few years back. There’s about a 25 year difference in age in the pictures below.
64B56452-2E80-416A-8389-87772BFCD42A.jpeg
30FD2035-66F0-47A5-BAAB-85B28CD27B5A.jpeg

Last edited:
I hope @Cranky didn't start this thread seeking compliments from this group! View attachment 1339787
View attachment 1339786
I'm not a compliment seeker.....and pretty much don't care what people think of me lol

Wait until the parts guy says you have beautiful eyes and pouts his lips at ya.... :rofl:
Oh geez. That's the first thought that went through my mind when he told me he liked my hair. Also thought 'is he going to scratch the palm of my hand when he hands me the change' and I almost told him to just keep it. Never ever had someone I didn't know hand out a compliment like that.

Cranky, you're gonna be catching up to me!
View attachment 1339829
I got close to being that long a few times but when it gets that long, it drives me nuts. I have a lot of hair still but the hair itself is pretty fine and rats up easily. Plus it's too hot and humid down here but usually let it get long for the winter time. Years ago I went up in an open cockpit plane and even though I had 5 ponytail holders back there, they all ended up blowing out and had to cut my hair because it so ratted up. Even before it got nearly that long, my bike would rat it up.

At least you have hair! I've been wearing hats for 35 years now. Not for decoration but to protect my scalp from sunburn. I found out my hair was thinning way back then while sitting in a pool drinking beer for a couple hours. The burn was so bad I could feel the heat radiating off my domb with my hand a foot above the top. Later on I also learned that bugs are attracted to the shiny reflection without a hat. Soooooo, be happy you can still be a hairy bum!
:lol:
Yeah, a buddy of mine since 1980 lost his hair during his 20's and wore a hat all the time. Told me that he didn't like a sunburned head after asking him isn't it hot to wear a hat all the time....

:rofl:
I spent a lot of younger life with "locks" like some of these fellas - and vowing to never keep it as short as
my dad "high and tight"...
That said, I've cut my own hair for a few decades now (the justification being that I can mess the job up
as easily as anyone else who tried and save the $25) and over time, it's gotten shorter as a result.
Simple enough task - put the 1/2" attachment on the clippers and get to mowing! :thumbsup:
When I was a kid my dad would take me to the barber shop and always had white side walls but all that stopped in my early teens. He finally stopped commenting on how long my hair was when I was in my mid 30's!

Your hair looks good. Keep it! I no longer have the patients (sp?) to go for mop top of old again. I could still do it but the hair grows very slow these days. Florida is also a bit bigger than NY.

At 20. Again a few years back. There’s about a 25 year difference in age in the pictures below.
View attachment 1340022View attachment 1340023
My hair still grows like it always has. Not real fast and not real slow either. My beard is what's starting to grow weird and the eyebrows have been doing weird stuff for a few years now. No hair in the ears yet though! Shaved my beard off about a month ago or so.....

When I was at a car show two weeks ago a guy came up and said, "Has anyone told you, you look like Leon Russell?" Of course, Leon was my hero as a kid from Tulsa. Admittedly I WAS wearing my cowboy hat. Honestly, I had to say yes, I had heard that comment. The sun can be wicked here so I have no problem with the fashion faux pa of wearing a cowboy hat with shorts and tennis shoes.

When I was at a car show two weeks ago a guy came up and said, "Has anyone told you, you look like Leon Russell?" Of course, Leon was my hero as a kid from Tulsa. Admittedly I WAS wearing my cowboy hat. Honestly, I had to say yes, I had heard that comment. The sun can be wicked here so I have no problem with the fashion faux pa of wearing a cowboy hat with shorts and tennis shoes.
Back in the mid 70's a guy at work told me I looked like Clint Eastwood. I didn't think so but after looking closer there was some resemblance. Didn't watch much TV back then but liked him back then. Hard to believe he's 21 years older than me because he looked really young in the 70's but thinking back, I looked young for a long time too and some don't believe me when I say I'm 71. Me thinks I do look every bit of it and feel it too!

Hair length was a HOT topic in my home growing up!
My dear father Alan, RIP, would NEVER be ok with my current hair length. I'm 54, and "back in the day" before I could choose, my dad took me to an old Barber he used. Super short and buzzed on the sides. He felt strongly that men should not have hair below the top of your collar - Yeah, he was that kind of guy, LOL! He was bald, but kept the hair on the sides extremely short.
In my early teen years, after weeks of being harassed, I would make an appointment with a "salon" in the neighborhood - something he didn't think was necessary, but since I was willing to get a haircut, he paid. AND he would call ahead of time when I was on my way and tell them to cut my hair short! When I arrived and sat in the chair, the hot hair stylist :p would tell me, and I was livid. I got the cut I wanted, and went home and had a major blowout with Dad. Lots of yelling and screaming (that's the path we usually took to eventually meet in the middle somewhere).
This was his limit when I was in High School...and he didn't care for this length either. He hated this picture.
Harry 9th Grade.JPG

My father loved me dearly, and I still love him. Alan was very good to me when I didn't always deserve it. I gave him what he wanted for me, to graduate college, get married and have a family ( and not be a "punk kid") :praying:

my dad used to say "Ed Sullivan ruined this country, bringing those long haired bastards over here"

most of us were "long haired bastards" at some point lol

MarkandShelly.PNG

Auto Transport Service
Back