• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

GPS speedo.

33 IMP

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
2:36 PM
Reaction score
Has anybody used one? How accurate do you think it is?
I bought one for my 62, but decided to try it out in my pickup. It disagrees with my truck speedo by about 8%. My truck has slightly taller tires than stock, about an inch, supposedly 3.6%. So the GPS is showing 4+% higher speed, (around 54mph at a stock truck speedo indicated 50mph)
So, what do you think? Are they accurate? (the unit claims it is receiving between 8 and 11 satellite signals).

I've downloaded apps on my phone and use the Maps app to check my speed on different vehicles and they were very accurate. The Garmin unit that I had was accurate also

I've downloaded apps on my phone and use the Maps app to check my speed on different vehicles.
Same here.
I changed the axle gearing in my 2007 truck and although the computer compensates, I wanted to check it for accuracy.
Sometimes, technology actually works.

I have one from Speedhut in my ‘58 Apache, it works great. The only downside is that it sometimes takes a minute to acquire enough satellites. Accuracy is spot on…

I have a free GPS speedo app on my phone.

Love it.

Auto Transport Service
Back