• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Grandpop's '67 Coronet

Welcome from PA. Sounds like you have a cool old car!

We'd love some pictures please!

Welcome aboard from Ohio. I certainly know the history on mine too. Love how your’s has a remembered history also.

Nice! My first car I ever had was a '67 Coronet 440 model 4-door with the 318/727/8-3/4"
I miss the old bench seats in those cars, great for going to the drive-in movies with your date.
I would keep it mostly stock. Mine had the early 19-spline transmission shaft, so if you ever change torque converters make sure to check the input spline count.

Welcome to FBBO from western NY! How great is it that you know the entire history on the car and sounds like it’s been in the family the whole time? That’s amazing! Some of us guys are still trying to find the history on our cars. And unfortunately some of us will never know. You’re very fortunate! And great incentive to restore it as its grandpa’s car! The fellas here will be quick to tell you “WE WANT TO SEE PICS”! Let’s see some!
Welcome from Berryville, Virginia. Leon's Auto Parts in Leon, Virginia on RT 29, about ten miles south of Culpepper, should still have some 67 Coronets in the yard for some parts, but they would all be pretty well picked over by this time. A little further away, Fredricksburg Auto Salvage may have some that aren't quite as picked over. All of us 67 Coronet owners are looking for decent grille surrounds (most are dented). If you can find a decent pair, you can expect to pay over $1000 for presentable used pieces, and maybe close to double that or more for a restored pair. The grille itself (less the surrounds) is pretty common and can usually be found at a cheap price. The front bumper is specific to 67 Coronets. The back bumper is shared with the 66-67 Charger. You might try contacting Tri-City Plating in Tennessee to see if they have bumpers ready to go and if they would take your bumpers as cores. The plastic grille emblem is reproduced, but it's not cheap.

Dodge emblems

Here are a couple pictures of a 67 Coronet Deluxe I saw at Leon's Auto Parts several years ago. No grille on it, but, my guess is that it's still there unless they've cut down the tree.

View attachment 1329201View attachment 1329202

These two were also at Leon's at that time.
View attachment 1329208
Hello Jim. I hoped to respond to all of the welcoming group simultaneously, but I'm VERY technologically challenged, and will consider myself very lucky if YOU get this. And I have yet to hear back from FBBO as to how to do it. Anyway, thought I'd contact you first.
Thanks for the info and pics. I've had a Tri-City business card for many years - picked it up at Carlisle, PA.
That blue Coronet (minus the engine tree) is my car!
In addition to thanking everyone for the welcome, I was going to explain that my keeping busy only allowed me time to check my email (and now FBBO) every 3 or 4 days. I hope you see this again in a "group" response, but I don't spend alot of time on the computer, because it hates me!
Thanks again!............Phil Luciano

Welcome from Alabama, I'm another 66-67 B body lover. Post some pictures as soon as you learn how.

Since I joined on Aug 15, I've sought help/tried to figure how to simultaneously respond to all who initially welcomed me. I hope that Nick's (of PlymCrazy) suggestion works, so....
Thank you all for the tips, pics and warm welcome!
The pics of the dark blue Coronet (minus the engine tree) sent from Jim 68cuda, is my car! After it's babied first ten years, my dad inherited it, and he didn't take good care of it. He didn't drive it much, having another vehicle, hence the low original miles. And I had a '69 Chevelle that I was caring for. I moved to rural New Market, VA (from God-forsaken DC) in '94, and he gave it to me around '97.
I tend to "work" on the vehicle I'm driving, so my '67 mostly sits, out of sight - out of mind (shame on me). I got tired of the top surfaces rust/exposed primer ruining car covers, and looking bad when I exercise it. And I greatly dislike the "patina" fad. So recently I took it to a nearby friend, to black prime the top surfaces and rear, until, God willing, I can have it properly finished.
While at my friend's place (he has a garage, compressed air, etc.), in the engine compartment, I'm going to:
1) repair rust around the steering shaft/fire wall area, and working from top to bottom, so as to not disturb work below:
2) rebuild the carb (it works fine, but the gaskets and check valve have failed {imagine that, after only 50+ years!}). The only carb I rebuilt, in the '80s, was that of a '72 Vega. No problem..... But I'm paranoid about screwing THIS up! Seems pretty basic, but any input would be GREATLY appreciated! Again, it's a 2bbl Stromberg.
(3) Replace the valve cover gaskets. While off, my friend will sand blast the valve covers, and the rear bumper brackets. Part of a partial engine "dress up" will include painting the covers OEM orange.
I keep quite busy, not much time on the computer (it hates me). I'm technologically challenged. But as soon as I find out how, I'll post a shot of my Coronet. And later, before and after pics of the slow (being also financially challenged) process of Grandpop's '67 Coronet restification (is that a word?!).
Despite my preference for late '60s Mopars, I appreciate ALL older vehicles, no matter the make. (I can't watch movies like "Christine", "Bullit" etc., showing the destruction of such.)
Thanks again, to all of you!
Phil Luciano

P.S. Forgot engine compartment job
3) Replace P.S. pump and pressure hose
Will plumber's sealant tape suit for the connections?
Phil

Ok, it was job 4).......but the question stands!
Thanks for any helpful tips!
Phil Luciano
No! Not the white water line type...What you want to use is fuel/petroleum grade, it’s yellow in color and thicker(this is also used for sealing natural gas pipes)it will say PTFE rated on it.

A4947623-DB1B-4AC6-9FF2-0EEAC2DE24FD.jpeg

E189BB7D-1D52-4A29-B254-AF5AE2F1DE19.jpeg

P.S. Forgot engine compartment job
3) Replace P.S. pump and pressure hose
Will plumber's sealant tape suit for the connections?
Phil
Not sure those are pipe threads? If they are indeed flare style fittings, like brake line fittings, then absolutely don't use any type of sealant. The flair is the seal, not the nut. Just fyi.

When you rebuild that Stromberg carb, you may end up deciding to reuse the fuel pump rather than using the one in the rebuild kit. if the replacement one in the kit works as it should, you'll be very lucky.

Auto Transport Service
Back