• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Graveyard Carz - 67 Hemi GTX convertible mufflers?

440beep

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
9:15 AM
Reaction score
Anybody watch the Graveyard Garz episode with the 67 Hemi GTX convertible that was just on? Anybody know what mufflers are on that car, as I so want those for my Bee?

Didn't get a look at the exhaust but mark Hates using anything that isn't factory so I'd assume it's some kind of factory reproduction muffler

I'm pretty sure they might have been aftermarket because when the car came in the shop it had a certain exhaust tone and the guy stated the exhaust tone better not change so they made the recording. Maybe I should search the internet for the original episode when the car came in and see if they disclosed the muffler brand. But damn, if that's what Hemi mufflers sound like then its time to change mine.

Didn't get a look at the exhaust but mark Hates using anything that isn't factory so I'd assume it's some kind of factory reproduction muffler

I'm pretty sure they might have been aftermarket because when the car came in the shop it had a certain exhaust tone and the guy stated the exhaust tone better not change so they made the recording. Maybe I should search the internet for the original episode when the car came in and see if they disclosed the muffler brand. But damn, if that's what Hemi mufflers sound like then its time to change mine.
Typically this is who mark uses for his exhaust components.

http://www.accurateltd.com/

Flow masters sound like **** on mopars is what I've been told. :popcorn:

3" delta flows

Oh, those are the mufflers I already have on.

Then just put a hemi with the same cam, compression, carb, manifolds, pipe diameter and ignition....into your b body with the same wheelbase and it will sound just like his! Lol

If you love drone, you'll love Blowmasters. After a long ride in a car equipped with them, you'll wish you had these.....

41CeP-fm6GL.jpg

I have a pair of those 3" f masters noisy. A do over I'd buy something else.

The only people I know who like Blowmasters have severe hearing loss, so what does that tell you.

:steering:

I cunt hear you

Worst purchase ever. On my maiden voyage with them (flowmasters) I didn't even make it 60 miles before I had to use some napkins in the car to fashion some ear plugs. I will be switching to Borla's this summer. That u what I have always run in the past and really liked them. No crazy droning with them and they were subtle enough at idle and low speed cruise to not draw too much attention.

Well if the drone does get to me, it's ok, I'll just flip a switch, open the cut outs and run open headers and fix that drone right quick.

Suppose the drone vs non drone issue has anything to do with how much and where sound deadner is used? I have Flowmaster Super 44's with all the cabin covered with " Boom Mat" and keep listening for that "drone" that a lot of people have talked about. I also wonder if larger exhaust pipe sizes have anything to do with it?................................MO

Auto Transport Service
Back