• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Great voices in the entertainment industry

Charlton Heston

charlesheston.jpg

Brad Roberts, lead singer of Crash Test Dummies

I also am a huge fan of Tony Jay. He did a lot of voice acting for animation, but he was also classically trained and performed on Broadway. you can search his name in youtube and find all kinds of sample clips from different voice acting gigs he did, but he is probably best known for his voice as Shere Kahn in Jungle Book and Frollo in Hunchback of Notre Dame.

Sam Elliot is also amazing. This is my favorite:

However, he can recite Lady Gaga lyrics and sound like an outlaw.

And of course, who could forget this combination of the most masculinity ever assembled on stage?

Another of my favorites.

Speakin of Hank Jr...a great tribute to Bocephus.

Put it on in the background futzin around in the shop...

No question Sam Elliott is one of my faves for his voice and stage presence etc. I love him in movies - esp “We were Soldiers” alongside Mel Gibson. But I have to say that clip above with Sam singing “I won’t back down” kind of sounds like he’s read singing off of queue cards. Just doesn’t do it for me there. I’ve never heard him sing before but won’t miss a movie he’s in. The current series “1883“ on Paramount+ is bad *** but as are all of us he’s showing his age.

We‘ve been lucky to have been exposed to so many of the very best - particularly now when we’re in an age where just about everyone and everything is fake. When these guys go off into the sunset who’s going to replace them that’s the real deal….. I say they‘re irreplaceable

DJ's ? Radio ? Cousin Brucie, Murray the K, Harry Harrison, Dan Ingram, Dennis Elsas, Pete Fornatale, Nightbird Allison Steel, Zacherly, Scott Muni, Carol Miller, Ron Lundy, Vin Scelsas... voices that paved the radio road of the youth in the NY metro area
As a kid growing up in The Bronx during the 50s & 60s, those names bring back many many memories. Submarine race watching........Murray the K

Auto Transport Service
Back