• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Greetings from New Mexico

DustyArrow

Local time
6:46 AM
Reaction score
I am a new MOPAR owner, although I guess it isn't technically a MOPAR. I recently purchased a 1979 Plymouth Arrow GS, which many know is just an imported Mitsubishi Celeste hatchback. It had been stuck in the dirt on an old couple's property for years, with a big "$300" on the windshield.
For the last month, I have been putting in a lot time just getting the thing cleaned up and identifying parts to be replaced. The whole engine was BROWN, not due to rust, but to just dirt caked to it from the wind. After a month of cleaning out every part (including dismantling, cleaning, and reassembling the carb), a new ignition coil, new distributor rotor and cap, new fuel pump and filter, new spark plugs, new plug wires, all fluids drained and refilled (after flushing, of course), new wheels and tires, and lots of adjustments to the carb, the little Arrow started right up and drove for the first time in almost 20 years. Shortly after, I guess the water pump had seized and the impeller shaft snapped, so now I'm replacing the entire cooling system. Other than that, it runs and drives beautifully. The 4 speed manual tranny shifts smooth, and considering some parts that still need obvious replacing, this thing is a joy to drive. I love owning a piece of automotive history and a fairly rare car.

ArrowGS.jpg ArrowGS2.jpg

Last edited:
Welcome from Alabama, Another one saved. Your effort has paid off.

On the subject of New Mexico, we plan to snag the Sandia Tram, and stay in Gallup at the
El Rancho in the next few weeks. Beautiful place it is.

Welcome from SSE Texas!

Welcome to the site! Sure dont see many of those anymore.

Welcome from Ohio. It’s still a MOPAR!

^^^^ what he said!!! Welcome from the show me state!!! Nice car !! Cleaned up well!!

welcome to FBBO

Auto Transport Service
Back