• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Greetings from Norway

Charger383

Local time
10:02 AM
Reaction score
Hi Guys!

New to this site, but from the looks of things i'll be spending a lot of time here from now on! :)

I have a 1968 Dodge Charger
HotAugustSaturday-039.jpg

And a 1975 Dodge Charger
18oct_7.jpg

Im in the process of making my -75 into a car i can use for drag racing. Mostly Street Legal racing, but also some ET racing.

I dont think a lot of these cars have been used for drag before, at least not here in Norway. And when i look at parts and stuff at Summit, it doesnt look like there are a lot of parts made for this cars.

Im thinking that the frame is the same as the -71 to -74 Chargers? Can any of you guys confirm that?

Anyways, glad to be here! :)

Welcome aboard.

The K frames are different and it's where they mount to the K-frame. The newer Charger has rubber biscuts that bolt through. Also at the rear of the car, the rear springs have rubber pads undewr nad above the spring. This system is called the "ISO" mount.

If your doing a drag car only set up, you'll just need new plates that hold the spring up to the axle like on the '67 Charger and new longer U bolts.

For up front, you can get steel or aluminum biscuts to replace the rubber mounts. When you remove the bolts that hold in the front K frame, and then the rubber ISO biscuts, you may find the frame has rotted and will require some welding to fix. The attached pictures show the rotted out rear mounting points and 1 of the front points. The rear section of the K-frame is the issue.

It is so level and holds water, grease, road salt and anything else that may get up in there. It acts like wet sand. Allways wet, no sun to dry it out, the water just sits and eats metal.

Another thing about the later year MoPars are the T-bars. There longer than the older ones and drag race T bars are not made. It'll take some fabing up to install the anchors where they need to be.

These parts can be found @ Manciniracing.com. Except the K-frame itself and the rearward T-bar anchors.

101_0047.jpg

101_0048.jpg

101_0051.jpg

Welcome Norway! And thanks for posting some pics. We like to see people's cars (car ****) and good luck with racing the 75!

Welcome Norway. I'm a 3rd generation American from Norway, and hope to go over there next year to look family up. And yes we need pics

I'll have to get back to you on that, My mother keeps in touch with them! I would like to get her back to Norway one more time while she is still healthy enough.

:sSig_greetingsthor::sSig_noob:
my family is originally from norway also....

Stavanger is a beautiful city! Its also the oil-capitol of Norway. ;)

Thanks GTXperience. :)

Welcome aboard. :grin:

I know there's a "no fjords allowed" joke in here somewhere:reading:

Last edited:
Auto Transport Service
Back