• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

grinding welds

c.moo

Local time
3:55 AM
Reaction score
need help on grinding welds in tight places. try using long shank grinding stones,useless. can,t use grinder with different wheels won,t reach or fit. to noteable to leave it as it is. any suggestions? thanks

how about carbide burrs. they make all different shapes, lengths,roughnesses. i use them all the time. not sure how tight a spot your talking. you can use them on drills, grinders, even air grinders ( straight or right angle ).

Dremel tool with the flex extension and various tools from carbides to sanding tubes work in a lot of areas.

Carbide burs on a small straight air grinder. they can be found for $15 at fleet farm or menards or home depot.

X2 on the carbides! After burning out a half-dozen bits trying to extract a bolt, my buddy gave me a carbide bit. What had taken hours, always in uncomfortable positions, was now done in 5 minutes!

Use Silicone Bronze Mig wire in .030 or tig weld with straight Silicone Bronze in non structure beams. It grinds easily, Will sand quick, does not have any compatibility issues with paint like typical brazing does.

snakeoil24 is right on- silicon bronze is a lot softer than ER70S6 but as noted isn't as strong. You might try the sandpaper cones for porting/polishing cylinder heads (not knowing where you're trying to get to)

Bronze Silicone

snakeoil24 is right on- silicon bronze is a lot softer than ER70S6 but as noted isn't as strong. You might try the sandpaper cones for porting/polishing cylinder heads (not knowing where you're trying to get to)

The Bronze stuff is great around drip rails and window frame repair. I stated using last year. Just is a bit funky with heat settings. It burns easily.

two or three cut off wheels attatched at the same time (depending on what width u want) work great in side of drip edges. The cheap (wide) ones work great! wear safety shield and goggles

Great Idea using 2 or 3 cut off wheels

two or three cut off wheels attatched at the same time (depending on what width u want) work great in side of drip edges. The cheap (wide) ones work great! wear safety shield and goggles
I like the idea of three cut off wheels on a die grinder for removing old sealer in drip rails.

Auto Transport Service
Back