• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Guidance on Shipping International - not in or out of the US.

GetX'd

Making Life Great Again!
Local time
1:55 PM
Reaction score
Hi Guys - Does anyone have any experience shipping a very light item between countries outside the US? I’m wanting to air freight a 1- 2 kilo package from Manila, PI to Ho Chi Minh City, VN. What would be the best service to use and any idea of cost? It’s about a 4 hr flight between the two cities. FedEx Int is out due to its proximity in Manila. I’m initially thinking DHL but also wondering if anyone has any better ideas. Thx for any and all!

The local countries should have a Post Office like most other countries do.

Covid has buggered up shipping everywhere.....few exceptions to the rule.

My dad knew some that would fly Air America from Saigon (known today as Chi Minh City) to Manila, Philippines. It wasn’t mail I don’t think, I’m not sure if they still exist.

Yeah - forget the post office particularly in Vietnam. It would be a rare occurrence if you actually received a package sent there. The commies literally steal everything. So it has to be a private courier. FedEx, DHL etc. As mentioned FedEx is not an option for my Manila friends.

DHL, or wait for somebody you know heading that direction to take it for you. Sounds crazy but when my wife travels back to her country she always brings everyone else’s stuff basically because of corruption at the local post office. We send stuff to others this way also.

USPS.priority express worked for me. Took a special trip around the world but it made it. Lol :thumbsup:

DHL, or wait for somebody you know heading that direction to take it for you. Sounds crazy but when my wife travels back to her country she always brings everyone else’s stuff basically because of corruption at the local post office. We send stuff to others this way also.
Thx - And yes I know of what you speak - My wife and her family always do the same thing. The
problem it’s Manila to Vietnam. If I wait for someone making that trip I may as well write off the whole deal. Actually what I’m trying to accomplish is getting something I just a week ago left in Manila by accident to my wife while she’s right now in Vietnam until 7/12. You‘re also 100% correct about the post offices in many of those countries. They look at these packages arriving as presents sent to them for their own personal enjoyment or to sell. If I sent it postal - it will never reach her.

USPS.priority express worked for me. Took a special trip around the world but it made it. Lol :thumbsup:
It will never happen - besides again I’m referring to Manila to Ho Chi Minh City, VN. You know the commie regime. USPS is not in the picture for any reason.

Auto Transport Service
Back