• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Had "Galen V. Govier" Document My Car Today !

Thanks to Galen's work I recently learned that my 72 Charger is one of 503 built with a 400 4 barrel, 727 and 3.23 sure grip.

Kind of pains me to think about parting it out now.

It's not a 1 of 150 odd 440 cars, but 1 of 500 is what I'd call somewhat rare.

gsalen.jpg
:thumbsup:

So is mine Budnicks, so don't anyone judge people by that! That said, I'm sure you like me don't take 14 years to get back to someone with their decode or promises!

So is mine Budnicks, so don't anyone judge people by that! That said, I'm sure you like me don't take 14 years to get back to someone with their decode or promises!
I already judged both of you two fruitcakes:DI am not shocked at the disorganization you have, lol.....the latter picture the papers behind him. I think is customer orders...

All of my desks and work benches are like that with parts, but I can tell if someone moves a bolt.

Details please.
sent money to have decoded etc. never happened years of bullshit, no responses his secretary debbie or something like that dont recall exactly what her name was, took the money, other people have been shafted like that on here in a different thread check the B.B.B. i think he had an f score last time i looked and other claims of people with the same issues, took money never did anything ignored all communication attempts. I don't bash anyone for no reason, and usually don't when I do have one, but dont wanna see another person get scammed. I've seen the fuckin first hand.

Everybody has a story... He was just one of many of the earlier Mopar information sources that ultimately has had a positive influence on our hobby. He is on our side... doesn't spend time on GM or Ford... His pocket books were a very good source in the bone yards and swaps before the internet for all of you youngsters out there. What have you done for the hobby ?

Details please.
you can of course google this yourself,
theres tons of complaints out there about him taking money and doing nothing.
thats called theft,in case you missed it.
this is the same person people are trying to make look good on this thread.

heres 5 comments from a 9 page thread on a forum from back in 2007,
much less anytime recently and ive seen threads about him on this forum as well.
educate yourselves,and keep your money where it belongs..in your car!

try actually reading those posts in this topic,you will get a very clear picture of the person
http://www.cuda-challenger.com/cc/index.php?topic=31670.0

"quotes"
Join the crowd, just another dissatisified customer. The only people he cares about are the high roller types..us peons of the Mopar world are SOL with him, he'll just take your donation and if you are lucky, in a few years you'll get some poorly executed POS paperwork from him.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I saw him at a show last year & wasn't impressed with his attitude. Kinda snobbish if you ask me. He even made a joke about never answering his correspondence. You would think with the money he makes he could hire another secretary. Some friends of mine are having their cars decoded by him next week, I can't remember what they are paying. I will have to ask how it went.

The only way to get a reply from him is to contact the Wisconsin Bureau of Consumer Affairs. That's what worked for me after waiting 6 months.

I had 3 fellow Mopar club members that were going to get Galen to check out their cars when he was in the area for a car show. He gave them an estimate of around $600 each to make sure they were all matching numbers & write up the paperwork for them. When he showed up, he informed them that because of the big backlog of work that he had, he had raised his price to $1600 each!!
eek2.gif
I can understand that he can charge whatever he wants & maybe by raising his rates he can give better service, but it seems a like if he had already given them an estimate, he would have honored that price.

There are a few minor issues but overall his little white books might be his single greatest contribution to the little guys in the hobby...

The all time classic was when a thread like this was running over on Moparts & he signed up planning to defend himself... He stated something about flushing the toilet... First he got hit with dozens of members stating dates contact was made & funds exchanged & how long since nothing had been done... Then the coup de gr�ce: a Mod came along & changed his title to "Tye D Bowl Man".....

Last edited:
Everybody has a story... He was just one of many of the earlier Mopar information sources that ultimately has had a positive influence on our hobby. He is on our side... doesn't spend time on GM or Ford... His pocket books were a very good source in the bone yards and swaps before the internet for all of you youngsters out there. What have you done for the hobby ?
His pocket books are a tool every Mopar owner should have......I had to buy another set due to dirt, grease, wear and tear etc...There was an even older book by someone else it had a blue cover....I have that somewhere and just cant find it.....It was about 1/2" thick 5" x 5".....

If we are throwing out the "what have you done"........Well ALL of us "do a he## of a lot" for the hobby....Be it here, communication via email, shows, buying parts, selling parts, etc.......

Even created a detailed restoration thread as below

https://www.forbbodiesonly.com/mopa...e-for-my-father-my-69-gtx-restoration.127388/

Not bad for a youngster:D........So my friend, What have you done for the hobby?

I don't think anyone so far in this thread is defending his actions in recent years. Just pointing out that at one time he did make a positive contribution to the Mopar movement. That doesn't mean anyone here is saying his bad reputation in recent years isn't deserved.

I agree with you. I met Galen many years ago when he still attended Chrysler’s at Carlisle as a vendor and he was always friendly and gracious and he has always made it a point to say hello to me whenever I see him.

My 70 V code Charger R/T has Galens documentation. A previous owner had it done. Not sure what its worth or if it adds anything to the value of the car these days.

I have known him for years and have benefitted from his books as well! never had an issue. I went to his house years ago and he decoded my 68 RR, and one of my 69 Coronet R/T's. I looked at his at the time 68 Hemi Coronet 440 before it was restored. I'm just saying that is my experience with him.

I dont take money from people for a service and dont deliver and ignore them. still a turd no matter how much paint you put on it.

this reminds me of another mopar legend..ill just use his first name out of respect for others.
Fred..who took people dreams/their cars and sold them,kept the money,and screwed the owners over.
try to keep in mind the path of devastation this guy made,in peoples lives.
and yet...

i still see high rollers boasting about what a great guy fred is,and how he did so much for the hobby...and the first bullshit thing they say is that.
hes done so much for the hobby! what have you done?

its sad when high rollers or even regs are willing to turn a blind eye to someone stealing from others,just because they werent stolen from personally,or,they simply dont care.

Auto Transport Service
Back