• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Hagarty Insurance

As I said earlier, ask yourself what you need or what you can live with if the car is a total loss. Who cares what the "valuation" is. All that matters is what it's worth to YOU.. and pay the premium on that amount and drive on. I have my Bee insured for a way less than I have in it, Bird what it would cost me to get another one in better shape.

Am I the only one to suggest getting a professional appraisal? Could save your behind in case of a claims dispute.
Unless a Vehicle is Investment Grade a Professional Appraisal is not needed. Investment Grade Starts around 6 Figures $$$. The rest of the vehicles are worth what someone is willing to pay for it period. Most likely your car is Driver Quality, Call your Classic Car Insurer tell them what you have and ask how much can I insure it for. They will give you a good fair Figure. They will not insure your 1960 something vehicle for 100K just because you think its worth that much. And a Car at Barrett-Jackson that sold for 80K is not a driver quality car. Bottom Line is your vehicle is worth what someone is willing to pay for it.

Valuation tool..... try looking up a 92 dodge pickup or chevy on NADAs web sight.
Valuation section that 92 kicks you into the classic zone lol.

:D

I am watching a base, 72 Challenger w/ SEVERE body cancer, and an alleged 44K miles currently listed for $28,495 on ebay! https://www.ebay.com/itm/274828988433?ViewItem=&item=274828988433&vxp=mtr If this rusted hulk sells for anything over $18K, I'll have to seriously re-evaluate the valuation on my '74, 69K actual mile Challenger!
E-bodies have been crazy over priced going on a few years now. I have an A-body, B-body, and E-body. In my humble opinion? E-body is just a wider version of A-body to accommodate B-body performance options? B-body is still better build quality.

I agree with Charlie Brown. Get an appraisal. Yes, you'll spend 150.00 or so, but you'll be protected in the event your car burns up, gets stolen, is involved in an accident, etc. These old car parts are very hard to find at any price.

As I said earlier, ask yourself what you need or what you can live with if the car is a total loss. Who cares what the "valuation" is. All that matters is what it's worth to YOU.. and pay the premium on that amount and drive on. I have my Bee insured for a way less than I have in it, Bird what it would cost me to get another one in better shape.
^^^THIS!
I don't really care what anyone thinks Fred is "worth" - I only know what I'd be happy with should the unspeakable
happen and I were to lose him. All that matters to me, really.

Last time I got a classic appraised the guy looked at the car, his books, and internet and then asked me how much I wanted the appraisal to read. What a waste. Its agreed value coverage, insurance company and you agree to total loss value. Car destroyed, they pay, no need for appraisal.

Could be my case is different with Hagerty, they wenr by their valuation scale. Being a 69-1/2 A12 Super Bee hardtop, seems like at the time "A car in Similar Condition", when there was one still on Hemmings was at $95,000, mine's well below concourse for sure, but not far. I only sent them a scan of the title, a pic or 2 of the VIN and several pics of the car itself. I have had 1 claim. And I would (If needed) use a HAGERTY Approved shop. Some as Grundy will REQUIRE 2 appraisals. Costing close to $200 by the guy I know. I would NOT use any other Insurance. American Family can suck one...lol
"Agreed Value My ***"
IMG_20200921_094419.jpg
20210219_140241.jpg
20210326_015817.jpg

Went to Haggerty valuation site car went up $8k since I last looked a year or so ago.

I am watching a base, 72 Challenger w/ SEVERE body cancer, and an alleged 44K miles currently listed for $28,495 on ebay! https://www.ebay.com/itm/274828988433?ViewItem=&item=274828988433&vxp=mtr If this rusted hulk sells for anything over $18K, I'll have to seriously re-evaluate the valuation on my '74, 69K actual mile Challenger!
Hey Moparman, there is a 73 blue challenger listed on craigslist north jersey, 12500. I believe. Looked in good shape 318 motor. In case you wanted to look

Could be my case is different with Hagerty, they wenr by their valuation scale. Being a 69-1/2 A12 Super Bee hardtop, seems like at the time "A car in Similar Condition", when there was one still on Hemmings was at $95,000, mine's well below concourse for sure, but not far. I only sent them a scan of the title, a pic or 2 of the VIN and several pics of the car itself. I have had 1 claim. And I would (If needed) use a HAGERTY Approved shop. Some as Grundy will REQUIRE 2 appraisals. Costing close to $200 by the guy I know. I would NOT use any other Insurance. American Family can suck one...lol
"Agreed Value My ***"
View attachment 1125632 View attachment 1125633 View attachment 1125634

Hahaha! Yup. Such a fine car!!!

I bought my car primarily for the color combination.
The hemi just made it expensive.

Hagerty has it insured for $75k. With no questions asked when i told them how much. Not even any pictures required. Tells me i have it underinsured.
Especially based on recent sales i know of.....NONE were black with red interior. So I plan to up the value this fall at renewal date.

I bought my car primarily for the color combination.
The hemi just made it expensive.

Hagerty has it insured for $75k. With no questions asked when i told them how much. Not even any pictures required. Tells me i have it underinsured.
Especially based on recent sales i know of.....NONE were black with red interior. So I plan to up the value this fall at renewal date.
I am seriously in love with that car of yours. Pretty much the perfect Mopar, far as I'm concerned.

I've had Hag for 20 years. I requested $35k value on my '63 Fury vert while having near 10k more in it. They said fine. Reckon since they agreed, I'd get that if car was lost. Never had a claim thankfully, but have heard a lot of guys have been happy with them.

Auto Transport Service
Back