• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Hagerty merger

I get the Hagerty magazine. If you read between the lines of Mr Hagerty's commentary he believes gasoline bans and autonomous cars will happen in our lifetime (as do I).
Mr Hagerty did the right thing and sold out while his company's value was on top. Once gasoline is gone and autonomous cars are the norm his company would be worthless.

What does he think is going to happen to the hundreds of thousands (or millions) of collector cars? That the owners are going to send perfectly restored cars to the scrap yard?
My guess is if gasoline gets hard to come by, or gets taxed to the sky, is rare cars get taken out of the garage even less than they do now, but most of the other stuff gets converted to an available fuel source like natural gas, alcohol, or whatever is cheap/abundant when the time comes.

Last edited:
Auto Transport Service
Back