• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Happy birthday New Zealand - 184 years old today ***Feb 6th

kiwigtx

Henchman #4 and Jack-Stand Racer #2
Staff member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
5:23 AM
Reaction score
It's also the day that a 26 year-old called Elizabeth ascended the British Throne in 1952.

Meanwhile the foreshores of the Bay of Islands will be stripped of kina and mussels......something that will take around 12 months to replenish. Porta-loos at Russell and the Treaty grounds will be full, and drunken debauchery will kick-off around 5pm. Luckily there will be enough 501's there to assist with security.

I'll stick to rebuilding my bathroom today thanks. :lol: ...and remembering better times.

1707166840224.png
Possum smoking.jpg

We don't really have 'a song' like Australia.....this will have to do for now....

That's pretty much how my ancestors got here.

It's also the day that a 26 year-old called Elizabeth ascended the British Throne in 1952.

Meanwhile the foreshores of the Bay of Islands will be stripped of kina and mussels......something that will take around 12 months to replenish. Porta-loos at Russell and the Treaty grounds will be full, and drunken debauchery will kick-off around 5pm. Luckily there will be enough 501's there to assist with security.

I'll stick to rebuilding my bathroom today thanks. :lol: ...and remembering better times.

View attachment 1604273 View attachment 1604271
Uh uh... Waitangi Day aint until tomorrow... :lol:

Happy birthday, New Zealand. You don't look a day over 165!

I would think it would be Old Zealand by now.....? Happy Birthday to NZ!

We don't really have 'a song' like Australia.....this will have to do for now....

That's pretty much how my ancestors got here.

Thanks, one of my favourite bands in the early 80's! Also would be my Sister's 64th Birthday tomorrow, today for Roger, if she hadn't kicked the can in 2009 .

It's still Feb. 5 here.... so, I'll come back tomorrow. Drunken debauchery ? Now, that sounds like fun ! By the way, where is the "Old" Zealand ?

Thanks, one of my favourite bands in the early 80's! Also would be my Sister's 64th Birthday tomorrow, today for Roger, if she hadn't kicked the can in 2009 .
My sister will be 77 in May.....hard to believe that two guys actually married her!! Well, she's only married to one of them now and well, he's a wimp so they are a perfect fit.

My sister will be 77 in May.....hard to believe that two guys actually married her!! Well, she's only married to one of them now and well, he's a wimp so they are a perfect fit.
Mine was never married and was a Process Engineer. Despite the fact she was a good looking gal, many guys couldn't handle that she was smarter than them.. miss her every day!

Always enjoyed my visits to Christchurch and supporting the MacMurdo mission...cr8crshr/Bill

:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :bday::bday::bday::usflag::usflag::usflag:

Mine was never married and was a Process Engineer. Despite the fact she was a good looking gal, many guys couldn't handle that she was smarter than them.. miss her every day!
It's never easy to lose family and close friends....

Happy Birthday New Zealand ! actually, New Zealand is untold millions of years old, people just discovered it recently. Just saying

people just discovered it recently. Just saying
....yep...it's a sore point, but one that we won't touch on here in this forum. :rolleyes:

The Dutch (Abel Tasman) actually arrived here in 1642 roughly.....but didn't know where he was, so he left only for Captain Cook to arrive in a British expedition in 1776 (an auspicious year if ever I heard one). Captain Cook claimed the country in the name of King George III - mad as a hatter he was.

1707184642667.png

Auto Transport Service
Back