• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Has anybody been looking for a car

44070dart

Local time
3:59 AM
Reaction score
Sold mine and have been poking around on the internet for a replacement and the market seems dry in our area .. kind of surprised because the weather has turned a little better and not seeing the usual cars hitting the market .. maybe a little early but I mentioned it to a friend down south and he said the same ..not in any hurry, but just wondering if a lot of people are on hold

I've been looking, not to buy though, and the prices for a rusted out junker is unreal. The 70's cars in full restro, are advertised at a high dollar figure too.
I've always said, when you stop looking, one will fall right in your lap...

Good luck with your search!

yeah I've seen a lot of overpriced projects that have been on hold for a while .. some with massive list of parts bought with good intentions but stalled and now their trying to recoup all of their investment plus

Last edited:
I see plenty of finished or near finished cars for big bucks but I rarely see any good project starters or rollers for the right price.

I saw a huge upswing in drivers and projects over the past two years, but now it looks like a lot of the drivers have changed hands and it's pretty much projects on the market now, except for A bodies... there's a ton of them for sale still, I guess because they're priced too high.

The only uptick I'm seeing in Bs is 68-70 Roadrunners.

If you look at Hagerty, their trend line (in general) agrees that prices are ticking up again. I've also been looking; mostly because it's fun for me I guess. Personally the only thing that seems to fall in my lap when I STOP actively looking is women. And now I'm married lol. With cars it seems like you have to look and look doggedly to find anything good. I may be posting my car for sale soon... been consulting some older wiser types about it. 44070dart, what're you looking for?

B 63 TO 70
A 68 to 72
.. in that range I don't know what, until I see it.. like another big block A-body I know that
( maybe a GM or Ford but don't tell anybody):eek:

B 63 TO 70
A 68 to 72
.. in that range I don't know what, until I see it.. like another big block A-body I know that
( maybe a GM or Ford but don't tell anybody):eek:
I have had a 67 L code Charger in my barn for 26 years waiting for that elusive restoration. I could easily be convinced to sell now it since my 74th birthday is fast approaching and I really don't want to do a full restoration.
So, let's just say it is for sale.

68' RR of mine will be hitting ebay this weekend...Nice driver, a LOT of work done in the last year.

I have had a 67 L code Charger in my barn for 26 years waiting for that elusive restoration. I could easily be convinced to sell now it since my 74th birthday is fast approaching and I really don't want to do a full restoration.
So, let's just say it is for sale.

I'm 65, the project days for me are over ..projects for me today are changing the oil, changing plugs, wash and wax.... financially my wheelhouse is more in the nice clone RR territory than a numbers matching real one.

Last edited:
pbiggs and stuka, are you guys gonna post your cars for sale here on FBBO?

Well sure....hopefully this link will take an interested party to my ad posted in 2012.
67 L code Charger w/AC
Did you ever post your car on craigslist or anything? I've noticed people on this forum, and some others, really beat people up on their cars. Though I really do enjoy FBBO, I feel sellers can get more for their cars (and less hell overall) selling elsewhere. Thoughts?

Did you ever post your car on craigslist or anything? I've noticed people on this forum, and some others, really beat people up on their cars. Though I really do enjoy FBBO, I feel sellers can get more for their cars (and less hell overall) selling elsewhere. Thoughts?
I haven't posted my car for sale on craigslist or ebay yet, but probably will give them a try. Both cl and ebay have a much larger audience of exposure to prospective buyers.
I find slamming a posting unnecessary and offensive and yes it does exist in this forum. I stop reading when my level of tolerance is breached. I always return because most FABO members are generous with help and knowledge and express themselves in a thoughtful manner.

I love the ones that say how much they have in their cars and then once you get them to talking you find out that the car is on it's 3rd engine replacement because the first two blew up and the trans has been replaced/rebuilt 4 times and on and on. That's when I start asking for all the extra parts etc if that's the price he's sticking with.....

My favorite line is "do you know what this car will be worth when your finished."

try taking a look at "3rd gen b bodies" their still at affordable prices :thumbsup: , but even they have gone up in the last couple of years :BangHead:

I'm into earlier models.. looking at a 65 and a 66 Coronet right now.... if I can get one of them for the right money ....pain is they're both about 7/8 hours from me

Last edited:
Well I've been looking around as I'm trying to sell my cars because of my surgery coming up. Anyways prices are all over the place there's a rusted out pos 71 charger base on c.l. by me $7500 firm there's a few other projects rusty cars
$5k I'm not going to lie I'm asking more then my cars probably worth but prices of parts are getting high and it's getting to the point where it doesn't make sense to build them anymore I want $15 k for my rallye charger I have about $25k invested I'm loosing my *** but still no one wants it ,it's to much work people say why buy that when I can buy this one over here for $13k already done , well it's a pos with a nice paint job and everything in it is org and needs help . It's getting discouraging as I really just need to sell everything . And my Buick i looked at every single car in fl 1950 and older in that price range and it's the nicest thing on there ,again with the it's to much work . This rusty car over here that's a "survivor" runs and drives ,by survivor I mean junk yard car should of been scraped and someone gave it a tune up and got it bearly running.
These cars are causing problems I told a guy give me the money and come back in a week I'll throw it all back together so you can drive a 60+ year old death trap.
Man sorry but I was fuming about this the past few days

Auto Transport Service
Back