• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Has anybody had a buying experience with this person from Facebook?

After seeing his profile THIS IS exactly what scammers profiles look like. There are multiple scammers that have this type of profile page so that they can sell you ANYTHING you need Antiques, car parts U name I have it. Find it else where or ask where his hometown is so a friend can look at it.. Then you will see the excuses if not legit.
April 7 is the date scammers use? I've never sold on FB yet, but there are a lot of smart asses who have opinions but no money

April 7 is the date scammers use? I've never sold on FB yet, but there are a lot of smart asses who have opinions but no money
The date tells you that. Did you even read what I wrote? NO his profile pic....

1702224993400.png

Last edited:
I slept good last night, but must be extra dull this morning. He's a swapmeet guy with no reviews, what am I missing? Don't we all start at zero? I'm new to Facebook, so I have a lot to learn.

And this is why I quit selling parts for the Slingshot. My only real marketing was on the forums where I had a rep that a buyer could accept or reject. I never scammed anyone and took care of any problems out of my pocket. I would invoice anyone with a business, or who asked me to and eat the fees. Toward the end, my wife sold them on FB but those buyers were more skeptical and less reliable. I didn't make enough to justify running another business just for that, so I just shut it off.
I think I will be following your footsteps. Tax preparation is enough of a burden without having to pick apart a 1099 trying to justify a profit or a fee. I can see why people will only accept Friends and Family these days. I can't expect someone to just send me money without some protection so I think this year is the end of my selling on this site or any other for that matter.

I slept good last night, but must be extra dull this morning. He's a swapmeet guy with no reviews, what am I missing? Don't we all start at zero? I'm new to Facebook, so I have a lot to learn.
How do you KNOW he is a swap meet guy? You trust the internet? They typically show Parts and a bunch of them. They typically have NO followers. They typically have the account for a few months BEFORE posting. They also will have profiles like theirs vouching for them. When conversing they typically say this no matter how RARE or obscure the part is "Yeah I have that send me a message" so NO ONE else can see the conversation... I have seen this over the last 2 years as it has exploded on FB marketplace. I have warned others but they sent the $$ anyway only to come back to the group saying how they were ripped off.

I was looking to buy some parts this guy (Mack Sawyer) has and with all the scamming going on, im skeptical of buying from someone these days. Anybody have any dealings with this guy Good or Bad?

Mack Sawyer?

Thanks.
so what happened?

Unfortunately, there are both scam sellers and scam buyers on FB. I usually meet up with people to buy or sell with cash. Sure, PayPal Friends and Family scares off some potential buyers, but it also keeps the scammers away.

Look/go somewhere else, find someone else to buy from
& don't deal or sell or buy from either...
E-Bay or Facebook Marketplace

Friends & family payment
is just a way to skate on rules of sales, to protect both sides
you don't want to pay
then suffer the consequences, of your decissions
many seem to want to sell all kinds of stuff/parts or otherwise
& not claim the income, 1099 if need be

you get what you pay for

Not that difficult, I see so much bitching about these 2 places
Fakebook & Fee-bay & people still want to deal with them
but want to skate the rules or taxes

Caveat Emptor, Buyer Beware

Look/go somewhere else, find someone else to buy from
& don't deal or sell or buy from either...
E-Bay or Facebook Marketplace

Friends & family payment
is just a way to skate on rules of sales, to protect both sides
you don't want to pay
then suffer the consequences, of your decissions
many seem to want to sell all kinds of stuff/parts or otherwise
& not claim the income, 1099 if need be

you get what you pay for

Not that difficult, I see so much bitching about these 2 places
Fakebook & Fee-bay & people still want to deal with them
but want to skate the rules or taxes

Caveat Emptor, Buyer Beware
This is why there is still a place for brick and mortar swap meets like Carlisle.

He didnt contact me. He posted a bunch of parts for sale on Market Place and I saw one part I needed so I wrote him. He quoted me a price shipped. I said I would take it and pay for thru Paypal but he will only take money as friends and family. That kinda raises a flag for me and I told him that. He suggested contacting others who have bought from him and he sent me some names to check but we all know that can be BS also. Its not a major amount of money but it is $150. He has posted since May and I havent seen anything posted as negative or positive for that matter.
Is he your friend? Or a member of your family? The answer to those questions should be the answer to your questions!

This is why there is still a place for brick and mortar swap meets like Carlisle.
:thumbsup:

or listing in local papers
or other places that sell used parts, like these forums
or Craigslist (I haven't been on for a long time) I never had an issue
www.racingjunk.com
or specialized Wrecking yards (few & far in between now)
legitimate people selling legitimate products & on the up & up

No' Friends & Family BS or reporting to the IRS
if you're worried about that stuff

Seems like 'some guys/people' want to make $$$ selling parts,
it's like a side hustle, lil' here & there I have no issues with...

But we have a few here that pretty much only sell parts here,
or phishing for them, in posts in the GF &/or don't contribute at all,
otherwise...
One with the initials RS comes to mind...
Every damn day, when I log in, I see 5-10 or so of his 'New or bumped' ads
on just the 1st page alone (I'm sure there's far more)
He's running a damn business, off the likes of members here
it's not a part-time gig, it's not just a lil' side hustle
(typical car guy selling take-off unused parts, here & there **** etc.)
he's skating the rules, with
An under-the-table business, while skating the whole system/s...
People like them should be paying taxes, if need be too
or pay Joey, as a business subscriber fees to list, if you're obviously
running a damn business

Last edited:
Do you really think these are pictures of all his ****? And no information or profile at all! Do the math bud!

And a pic of his profile on the Mopar scammers page!

33BB0117-FBCE-4CAB-BFBF-7E5A0B0E1EA2.png

B1F4F806-FA24-4495-82A0-F746081B87A1.png

B0171B3B-376A-4F08-BB7F-F88295DCFC61.png

81BA9696-4A0D-40D7-87DE-CA782CA8B95A.png

Scam (?) & OR that guy ^^ MS ^^ above is obviously running a business
of some kind, just look at the inventory,
if that is his ****, he's obviously, trying to skate the rules/fees/taxes

F&F is just another way, maybe not for all people
but it's part of the scam (in the scammers' playbook page 1 Item #1)

don't do it unless it's; actually a known friend or a family member!!!!!!

Last edited:
If a seller can’t take five / ten minutes to write your name and address and the correct day and date on a piece of paper next to the product your buying , snap a picture and send it to your email

I love " I don’t normally do that or have time for that " excuse , but yet you have plenty of time to try and scam and steal

Instant red flag

I have tried twice in the past week to buy items on Facebook with other members on the same page stepping in and say those are not his pictures - But that takes time if you have suspicions

Cant you take Facebook pictures , items for sale pictures and copy and paste google them to see if they where duplicated or stolen from another website or individual ?

1- google search for the pics he's posted.

Note the original source, if they are found.

2- buy a $10 item. If that goes through OK, reassess.

Do you really think these are pictures of all his ****? And no information or profile at all! Do the math bud!

And a pic of his profile on the Mopar scammers page!

View attachment 1571408

View attachment 1571409

View attachment 1571410

View attachment 1571411
This IS EXACTLY what I said they do... Common sense seems to be a lost art these days as lots fall for this... Do you have a 1970 Hemi dual point and an unstamped Hemi warranty block? Yes Private message me!!! LOL

OK so here is the follow-up. I offered to pay for the difference of the fee but as I expected, he still wouldnt do it. He claims he has dealt with a lot of people with no issues. By then, I knew to walk away. Just for the heck of it, I thought I would make a request just to see what his reply would be. I requested that he take a picture of the part in his hand with a newspaper dated that day so I know that he can at least confirm he really had the part. A full day went by with no response and then 2 days he writes that "obviously you dont trust me and if you are skeptical let it go, you dont have to tell me what to do when you are not ready for business"

Now if I were a seller, and I thought someone felt uncomfortable with me, I would have no problem shooting that picture to make them feel better about the deal. I knew ahead of time he wasnt going to do it and he was a scammer (in my opinion) but this gave me the chance to confirm.

OK so here is the follow-up. I offered to pay for the difference of the fee but as I expected, he still wouldnt do it. He claims he has dealt with a lot of people with no issues. By then, I knew to walk away. Just for the heck of it, I thought I would make a request just to see what his reply would be. I requested that he take a picture of the part in his hand with a newspaper dated that day so I know that he can at least confirm he really had the part. A full day went by with no response and then 2 days he writes that "obviously you dont trust me and if you are skeptical let it go, you dont have to tell me what to do when you are not ready for business"

Now if I were a seller, and I thought someone felt uncomfortable with me, I would have no problem shooting that picture to make them feel better about the deal. I knew ahead of time he wasnt going to do it and he was a scammer (in my opinion) but this gave me the chance to confirm.
Complete scam like I said I could tell by his profile. Glad you were not taken.

Auto Transport Service
Back