• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Have to start over with the tools

(Not sure if I need the deep drawers)

thanks for the help!!

Coronet340 . . . my $.02 ( and that might be all it's worth ) . . . Had a cabinet with deep drawers, and you can stack multiple tools in the drawers, and then you can't find them because they're hidden under the tools on top of them. Seems like the shallower drawers lend to being able to see all the tools laid out a bit better . . .

Just a thought . . .

Oh, and I found a great deal on a MAC toolbox on Craigslist . . . another Good place to look for tools too ! !

Coronet340 . . . my $.02 ( and that might be all it's worth ) . . . Had a cabinet with deep drawers, and you can stack multiple tools in the drawers, and then you can't find them because they're hidden under the tools on top of them. Seems like the shallower drawers lend to being able to see all the tools laid out a bit better . . .

Just a thought . . .

Oh, and I found a great deal on a MAC toolbox on Craigslist . . . another Good place to look for tools too ! !

and may wear out the sliders or break them if you get to much weight in them. If you go w/ deep drawers don't put too much heavy metal in them

and may wear out the sliders or break them if you get to much weight in them. If you go w/ deep drawers don't put too much heavy metal in them

Good point Tallhair . . . Black Sabbath in one drawer, Led Zeppelin in another drawer . . . ( wink ) . . . spread them out ! ! !

I agree w tallhair and conv67. I have 1 deep drawer and the rest shallow. The deep drawer holds all of my cutters and pliers and I can never find what i want. A shallow drawer holds al of my wrenches below 1" and they're all organized.

Get shallow drawers and if you need more room, save for another box. Besides, all budget boxes (like mine) are cheap and loading them down will just jam the slider or worse.

And another great point - get the box on craigslist. You'll save 50% or better.

Don't be afraid to ask for deals on the floor models for large tool boxes either. Especially finding one that's already on sale typically means they want it off the floor for the next versions.... I got a smoking deal on mine because there was a small dent in the bottom drawer

Just a thought . . .

i have been checking craigslist regularly but most of these guys think their wrenches are gold plated or something. they are asking pretty much retail.

and as far as the deep drawers i was worried about losing stuff in them but i also figured i could keep my impact gun set in the box in the drawer same with my torque wrenches n such because i always keep that stuff in its box.

the flea markets any of the selling markets all have jacked the prices up since all of the TV shows have been on the air, use to buy buckets of name brand items cheap not no more ,and have you seen the prices of the broken tools there way up also ,but you never no you still have to look!

i have been checking craigslist regularly but most of these guys think their wrenches are gold plated or something. they are asking pretty much retail.

and as far as the deep drawers i was worried about losing stuff in them but i also figured i could keep my impact gun set in the box in the drawer same with my torque wrenches n such because i always keep that stuff in its box.

Keep watching - occasionally you'll find the guy that is retiring and unloading his tools or toolbox . . . or, go look at the tools and take cash with you . . . funny how cash in hand can change their minds on the selling price. Not everyone thinks their tools gold plated . . . just most of them . . . you need to find the one that prices the tools right and buy them.

Auto Transport Service
Back