• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

He3re's a Bee for you...............

Great original condition - except for the mouse holes in headliner. :) But why, after more than three months, is it still unsold?

Why is it not sold? Because he wants $55,000. 34 viewers per hour says the price or something about the car is not right.

I would pay that for that car. I think it's really nice with some very minor issues. Thanks for sharing with us.

Just saw 90 viewers. Seems a bit high for a car that most likly will have to be completely gone thru. MH0

Watch the final bid and that will tell you what it is worth on today's market...

Cause nobody wants to go to Maine to pick it up in the middle of winter maybe?

And the way it's been going this year, there will still be snow on the ground for another month and a half!

From my house, I can get to the Maine border in 1 1/2 hours, but Bangor is another 5 hours beyond that.

The poor bastards like myself would love to have that car but wonder how we could justify spending $55k for something that still needs paint and body work in a couple of spots i mean you would think for that price it should look showroom done?

is it me, or do the vin plate rosettes not look quite right? they look too "smushed"

esp on a "survivor" car

No issues with the Vin rivets. This car has no authenticity issues and the furthest car from that issue that you will ever find. The Bee is sold. The reason for the lack of a sale until now is that my dad was not real motivated to sell it and the market for survivors is much smaller than the market for the restored A12's. Don't get me wrong I like the shiny ones and have built many. However the mopar survivors typically are going to be bought by the pure mopar fanatics. The restored and over restored A12 are bought by many different buyers. For instance we have sold quite a few cars to RK Motors. He will buy everyone we build if you can eat of every inch of the cars. They are an easy sell for him. However he had no interest in this car. Was not an easy sell for him. I am a purist so it took me a while to understand this. I kept asking the same question. Why would the guys not be pounding the garage doors down for this car with 23K original miles, all original panels, tons of paperwork, original engine. Just not the case guys. It is a great car and mopar purist love it but the general public does not get it. They kept asking why we have not painted it yet? I got really tired of trying to explain to people that did not get it what this car represented as a survivor A12. The buyer of the car is a purist that is going to have a top notch shop detail the areas that need detailing to bring it up to snuff. He will however not paint this car. It would be a crime to repaint this entire car. He will preserve this car the way it deserves. My dad was not up for the challenge entailed with preserving this car. He likes to completely go through them and we told him to sell it and get a different one to do that with. So he did. Thanks for the compliments on the car. The car is much cooler in person than my pics showed. I have been a lurker on this site for a while and thought I would chime in with some info.

Hi mymcodebee, welcome to the site! Thanks for the back story on this car, I still think it was a great deal. I hope the new owner is going to be happy with it.

Why not drop by the welcome section and introduce yourself? Especially since you seem to have such a passion for these cars!

-=Photon440=-

Will Do. Thanks for the welcome. It was a great deal and the new owner is very excited.
We will not ever replace it with one that original. We have been pretty fortunate as I also found a 2500 mile A12 Bee previously. Many of you have probably seen it in many of the other sites.

Attachments

• Superbee1.jpg
    Superbee1.jpg
    50.9 KB · Views: 470
Welcome to the site mymcodebee. Your Dads A12 was a great car. I watched it on ebay and sure wish I would have had the $ and room for it in my garage. Did you notice the R4 383 Bee that was for sale the same time as yours? It got bid up to over $50k and didn't meet the guys reserve. I couldn't understand that and felt the high bids on these 2 cars should have been reversed.

Funny that the general population wants a restored car over a survivor. If I had the cash, THAT would have been the car for me. Congrats on the sale. And stay in touch here, if you could. We love to see builds, besides, there are lots of knowledgable people here and parts sources as well.

Cheers.

Funny that the general population wants a restored car over a survivor. If I had the cash, THAT would have been the car for me. Congrats on the sale. And stay in touch here, if you could. We love to see builds, besides, there are lots of knowledgable people here and parts sources as well.

Cheers.

Will do. I have lurked here for a while and love the site and info. I did see the orange 383 car. It looked very nice and really can comment on the bidding on that one but I can say the bidding on my dads car was straight as an arrow although there were offers outside of the auction that were higher. Thanks again.

I'd take a survivor any day. A car is original once. It can be restored 1000 times.

I must confess, I too watched this A12 and was it not for the lady of the house questioning my sanity and the fact that I already have a recently completed A12 Bee I would have been bidding on that car and would definately have left the body as a cool survivor as one like that does not come along very often if ever. Guess it was't meant to be for me.
A great car indeed Mymcode, must have hurt to see it go.

Auto Transport Service
Back