• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

header technical question

belvederebob

Local time
3:51 AM
Reaction score
heres one for you mopar gurus
what is the difference in Dougs headers 451 and 452 ? i have heard that the 451 is for the 383-361-400 low deck engines and the 452s are for 426-440 is there that much difference i could not use 451s on my 65 belvedere with a 440? anyone have any experiences with this problem please share. thanks

I believe you are correct on the numbering. I have the D452's for my 512 (440 RB)... I imagine the only difference is total tube height being a low deck vs. raised block. My guess the 452's would be next to impossible to fit on the low deck being the longer tubes would raise havoc with the steering box area. Putting the shorter depth 451's on the RB Blocks, only issue I could see is the collector hitting the floor pan/bottom of the firewall being they're not as tall. Good luck

Auto Transport Service
Back