• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

headliner penetration

mikeyfrano

Local time
8:40 PM
Reaction score
Ive had my headliner in for almost a year now but none of the sunvisers lights or seatbelt attachments. Whaat is the best way to make the holes in the liner

Last edited:
Go by pictures of where these bolts go and by feel-fingertip. When you think you have the hole a needle or pin can verify. If correct then use exacto knife to cut very small slits, do not rip the headliner, but cut instead. Small scissors can work also for the larger holes.

Finding where to cut isnt the problem, that part is easy. I didnt know if it should be cut drilled melted. Thanks for the info AMXAMX

Last edited:
Piercing it with a hot piece of rod and make a seam before trying to make a cut with a exacto blade

Sunvisors for those like me that like puzzles. Use a straight pin to find it and a sharp awl or whatever to define it. Do it when you have a lot of patience stored up. Might even help to have a headlinerless car to go by or post pics here for help. Make a x cut with a razor blade or exacto knife for larger holes like visors or dome light.

Auto Transport Service
Back