• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Heat/AC Box - Caulk

plumcharger

Local time
6:00 PM
Reaction score
The AC/Heat Box restoration kit I bought Cam with some rope caulk. I am a little unclear of what to seal. Can someone provide some instruction? Is it needed?

The AC/Heat Box restoration kit I bought Cam with some rope caulk. I am a little unclear of what to seal. Can someone provide some instruction? Is it needed?

Hi Plumcharger. I did mine a while back now but didn't get any photos with the caulking on. However I did take some which may help.
The caulk goes on the lip across the top and down the sides, but on the reverse side of this picture, opposite side to the piping. Thats if I remember right, but you should be able to see where the old caulking came off.
DSCF0196.jpg
When the core goes back in its box, it creates a seal when the two halves are screwed back together. I'm no expert but I can only assume that the more the box itself is sealed, the more efficient the heating and cooling will be, as the only exits will be the vents themselves. Hope this helps.
DSCF0197.jpg

Auto Transport Service
Back