• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

heat riser poll

gtxno1

Local time
5:12 PM
Reaction score
Hello everyone I am restoring a 67 GTX my heat riser needs some help what is everyone out there doing. it will be a very nice driver when done do I bother with this detail I am trying to put this back together as close as possible thanks

Even on a cool morning having a proper operating choke will make you experience far better
So if all possible I will have my choke and heat riser working
If you are racing this car block the crossover and delete the heat riser
Bruce

The two things I miss the most from my 360 lean-burn Chrylser are the sounds of the high-torque starter and the jingling of the heat riser. Most don't care, these sounds represent the fabric of our History. American as it gets.

If you mainly drive it in the hotter summer weather then I would block the heat riser passage in the intake and eliminate the heat riser. In hot weather it will cause problems with the pump gas we have today. I never use the heat riser on my muscle cars. Ron

My intakes are all blocked of or the vehicles are running headers heat risers are all gone eather way. No reason to be sending hot gasses threw the intake unless you like fuel purculation in the carb.

all the heat risers are gone from my cars, and the shaft holes plugged. The intake crossover is still retained to prevent carb icing

Auto Transport Service
Back