• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Heater Box restoration quick question

spinkey

Local time
2:51 AM
Reaction score
Im just pulled my heater box from my rusted 1969 roadrunner and noticed the top metal pieces are pretty rusted out especially around the edges. its pretty bad i dont think i can salvage them. Can i get these anywhere or should i start looking for a new heater box to start with?

Thanks
Dimitrios

Im just pulled my heater box from my rusted 1969 roadrunner and noticed the top metal pieces are pretty rusted out especially around the edges. its pretty bad i dont think i can salvage them. Can i get these anywhere or should i start looking for a new heater box to start with?

Thanks
Dimitrios
Put wanted ad on Kijiji in different cities. I usually post on Dodge in classic cars. There are many places to look and search.
A picture would certainly help. There are people in B.C. that should have parts.

I might have what you're looking for. Let me get some pics of what you need and I'll look.
Put a WTB ad up here,

Take a picture of which panels you need, post it in the WTB section and by Wednesday you'll have parts on the way!

I have several non air parts boxes . post a picture of what you need . Odds are real good I have it

Those pieces are all rivetted on so replicating that can be tough. A few years back when rebuilding mine I was looking for a replacement. There were guys out there thinking they were made of gold and then there were those who were much more reasonable. While I didn't end up buying one, I have seen them at very reasonable prices - particularly if they're missing stuff you don't need. On guy I did talk to who was very helpful was "Mr Heater Box" who said he had a bunch in various condition.

I haven't pulled it apart. U can see in the pic the 1 metal piece is rusted so I kinda just stopped there to ask what I should do. The plastic itself looks really good

20231023_193702.jpg

20231023_193705.jpg

Put a wanted ad on Kijiji in the classic car section. Dodge.
Take the back off and check all the metal brackets etc.
Look up National Moparts in Beaverton Ontario. They sell a very good heater box gasket rebuild kit made by Detroit Muscle Technologies.
Check your blower motor. If you want to you could put your studded tires or chains on and have a nice trip over the mountains io Saskatoon.
You can also pm me.
I see I got redundant, oh well!

Last edited:
Yea boy. A complete unrusted one is going to be easier to find. If you have the time you could repair that with new sheet metal. If you buy one shipping is not going to be cheap.

Ive got both pieces of the steel back.
You pay postage and they are yours

Im in Tucson AZ

I bought a 69 Charger RT a few months ago. I had to replace the harness and gauges. it’s a non AC car, and the blower motor doesn’t work. I installed an American autowire harness, removed the amp meter and converted it to a voltmeter.
what usually goes bad on the heater box?

IMG_8545.jpeg

IMG_8542.jpeg

IMG_8544.jpeg

IMG_8546.jpeg

Isn't it great when someone is willing to give you a part to get your car going? Kudo's!!

Omg that is fantastic. I really appreciate that. I Wow beautiful car super nice. Love the charger but they are falling outta reach money wise. Following the cuda n challenger!!

I bought a 69 Charger RT a few months ago. I had to replace the harness and gauges. it’s a non AC car, and the blower motor doesn’t work. I installed an American autowire harness, removed the amp meter and converted it to a voltmeter.
what usually goes bad on the heater box?

View attachment 1547264

View attachment 1547265

View attachment 1547266

View attachment 1547267
My heater box was rusted right out.. there is a few metal pieces on the outside, those were all rusted and inside the metal doors were also rusted out. i hate rust!

Auto Transport Service
Back