• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Heater Box

Ragman

Local time
3:12 AM
Reaction score
1966 Charger

I am in the process of removing the heater to replace the heater core. I am following the instructions in the service manual.

All the tubes, cables ard switches are out of the way.

I removed two of the three nuts in the engine compartment on the firewall.

The SM says there are three nuts, in the in the engine compartment, that secure the heater box to the firewall.
I can only see two nuts. and the box will not budge.

Can someone tell me where the last nut is and can you give any other tips in the removal and/or installation???

Very MUCH appreciated.Ragman

Last edited:
1966 Charger

I am in the process of removing the heater to replace the heater core. I am following the instructions in the service manual.

All the tubes, cables ard switches are out of the way.

I removed two of the three nuts in the engine compartment on the firewall.

The SM says there are three nuts, in the in the engine compartment, that secure the heater box to the firewall.
I can only see two nuts. and the box will not budge.

Can someone tell me where the last nut is and can you give any other tips in the removal and/or installation???

Very MUCH appreciated.Ragman
I just did my '70 Roadrunner, not sure if the same, but it has 2 on passenger side firewall, the third is closer to driver's side firewall, to the left of the bulkhead connector.

I believe there is also a clip to the top dash frame - if you car has it do not lose it

Ralph

Look at what you have, we just had to r&r one just redone. If it has a copper h pipe, with a valve in there; replace it.

Look at what you have, we just had to r&r one just redone. If it has a copper h pipe, with a valve in there; replace it.

The core appeared to just have one copper in pipe and one out pipe.

I didn't see any "h" pipe or valve.

I sure wouldn't like to remove the hrater box again.

Am I missing something?

Thanx,

Ragman

Auto Transport Service
Back