• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Heater Control Valve 73 Roadrunner????

Lineman

Local time
7:57 AM
Reaction score
Hi and thanks for the help. My heater control valve is leaking by making the cab hot. The fourseasons valve doesn't mount right and just looks out of wack in general. But I am not sure that what is on the car is right either? Any ideas and hook ups to buy the part is appreciated. Thanks Jay

2017-06-21 09.58.27.jpg 2017-06-21 09.58.42.jpg

My 73 Charger had the same valve on it. I believe the original ones were these (pictured). But due to cracking and general failures they were changed out for the one you have.
!B9hg4OwCWk~$(KGrHqZ,!joEzK0O)hz2BM6EBtU!bQ~~0_1.jpg

My 73 Charger had the same valve on it. I believe the original ones were these (pictured). But due to cracking and general failures they were changed out for the one you have.
View attachment 439159

Thanks, so Classic Industries has this one?

http://www.classicindustries.com/shop/1974/plymouth/satellite/parts/?q=heater control valve

and I think the one I have is here on ebay, or similar?

eBay item number:

Which way would you go? The cable is not connected right on the valve I have and I don't think I have the hardware to connect it right to either one of these really? I don't see where I can by the parts and pieces either?

Its the little stuff like this that's a pain.

Thanks again for the help.

Jay

Lineman,
I bought mine at Rockauto.com. It's the same that you have now. Mine works great on my 73 RR GTX.

Lineman,
I bought mine at Rockauto.com. It's the same that you have now. Mine works great on my 73 RR GTX.

Damn, I just bought the one on ebay maybe a half hour ago. The Rockauto one would probably be cheaper/better...

The cable is straight, how did you get it to connect to the pin?

I used needle nose pliers and bent a loop around the pin. I made it a press fit around the pin. It stays put.

Just a note that they are different A/C and non A/C.

I got a generic one from an R/V supply store- $12.

Auto Transport Service
Back