• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Heater hose valve?

Sonny

It’s all fun til the rabbit gets the gun.
Local time
4:52 PM
Reaction score
IMG_0243.JPG

This valve (it has a valve under the ac pipe) is in-line on one of my heater hoses. Is this factory? Is it needed?

Last edited by a moderator:
I've never seen a valve like that on any mopars! I think it might be an after market part! It's not needed.

Not factory. Take it off & see what the bolt does on the right side of it?

Probably explains why I don't have heat. Wonder if my core leaks? Only one way to find out, right?
Yep, ethire that or the old factory valve wont shut off the hot water flow and you will get heat all the time.

Yep, ethire that or the old factory valve wont shut off the hot water flow and you will get heat all the time.
What does the factory valve look like?

What does the factory valve look like?
should be inside under the dash in the box/plenum just a on/off valve with the heat/temp cable hooked to the arm just before the core.
I will google and see if I can find a good pic.

Didn't find a good pic of a 70, yours may be outside close the the firewall unlike my non a/c 67.
I seen a 72 pic and it showed it outside the firewall with the cable running to it..
Just follow the temp cable.

Last edited:
3 special screws hold it to the firewall. Backside attaches to the cable that is hooked to your temp control and a capillary tube that sets in your heater box. One year only.

DSC00917.JPG

3 special screws hold it to the firewall. Backside attaches to the cable that is hooked to your temp control and a capillary tube that sets in your heater box. One year only.

View attachment 391572
Thanks! I assume it's the gold one in the pic. What hooks to these two outlets? There is nothing on mine. The heater hoses just hook to the 2 outlets on the left.

Auto Transport Service
Back