• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Heater question

DaneBisel

Local time
5:19 PM
Reaction score
I have a. 69 sport satellite that I am restoring. It was originally an AC car but I am converting to no AC. My question: does a non ac car have a heater control valve? I am wanting heat and defrost. I have already purchased the control for the dash, vents and heater box. Just needing an idea what else is required. Thank you for your time and consideration.

maybe you already know this but I will say my 2 cents anyway. going from a factory a/c system to a non a/c system is not a matter of just buying items and bolting them in. the routing of plumbing and firewall layout for heater motor and mounting of heater box is altogether different between the 2. and no there is no heater valve with a non a/c heater box.

You will have several extra holes in the firewall to close up when changing to a non A/C setup. With this said you will not need the valve on the firewall like is used with A/C.

I actually defused to use the original ac box. Can I get the heater/ defrost to work without having any of the ac components in place? I know the defrost is supposed to route through the ac...

i am pretty sure you can remove the evaporator and still have heat and defrost. you may want to make a block off plate for the firewall where the refrigerant lines go through. that is up to you.

Auto Transport Service
Back