• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Hell Swap Using 69 Factory Center Console

39plymoth

Local time
4:16 AM
Reaction score
I'm doing some planning on a hellcat swap to my 69 Charger. I want to keep the Chargers factory look on the interior and keep the center console. I know the center Floorplan has to be modified for the 8 speed automatic. Not so sure I will need the 8 speed automatic but would be nice to have but I haven't seen any where someone used the factory center console on our b bodies with using the 8 speed Trans. Is this possible or will I need to stay with a built 727 to keep my center console.

I am sure it is entirely possible to keep the console but the question will be how will it look because the floor has to come up and get wider, so the console in stock form would be raised up significantly I think. Now with that said, I think if you can find another console or are prepared to modify the one you have, I think you can cut it down to get it to look right. It will just take some work and as stated some fabrication.

Take a lot of pictures of the interior before disassembly so you can see the proportions and relationships between components.

I stayed with a built 727, for the reason you stated. I like the stock appearance on my 66 Satellite.
20190615_111424.jpg

I will add a gear vendor OD, at a later date. For now the stock 6.1 still gets 20 mpg on the road.

Auto Transport Service
Back