• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

HellCrate B-Body Installation Parts

zslacker

Local time
4:33 AM
Reaction score
I recieved what amounts to the engine bay installation kit. These are the parts necessary to just bolt the engine into the car. Nobody tells you this when you lay down 18k for the thing. I have looked at many advertisements and been to many sites that sell the Hellcat motor and have seen almost nothing regarding the modifications that must be made in order to set the motor in the engine bay. They all mention the FEAD and the wire harness that needs to be purchased but nothing about the oil pan, dip stick etc. Those who have installed 5.7 or 6.4 hemi engines already know this but of course, i thought hey, take it out of the crate and drop it in! Not! I have included a picture and a list of the parts i purchased. $800 plus $200 for the motor mounts and solid engine mounts. The parts came from Roseville Moparts. They are very helpful and know what they are talking about. I'll start putting these parts on the Hellcrate and see what happens.

hparto.jpg hinv.jpg

Theres no question this is intimidating. I have saved for years and can only affor to do this once.

I hear ya bro. I can only say "things are better now with way more info than when I did mine in 2014-15" It was a nightmare from hell back then when every day was a new learning experience.

At the end of the day owing both a real Hemi 426 and the Hellcat i can say for sure this motor is a wild man. It is worth the effort! Recently i was being teased by a 427 Camaro and the following week by a Ford Mustang 500 Shelby and tell you i left rocks on their windshields. Your efforts will pay off. Roseville, White mopar as well as Mancini for buying parts.

Last edited:
I recieved what amounts to the engine bay installation kit. These are the parts necessary to just bolt the engine into the car. Nobody tells you this when you lay down 18k for the thing. I have looked at many advertisements and been to many sites that sell the Hellcat motor and have seen almost nothing regarding the modifications that must be made in order to set the motor in the engine bay. They all mention the FEAD and the wire harness that needs to be purchased but nothing about the oil pan, dip stick etc. Those who have installed 5.7 or 6.4 hemi engines already know this but of course, i thought hey, take it out of the crate and drop it in! Not! I have included a picture and a list of the parts i purchased. $800 plus $200 for the motor mounts and solid engine mounts. The parts came from Roseville Moparts. They are very helpful and know what they are talking about. I'll start putting these parts on the Hellcrate and see what happens.

View attachment 1139838 View attachment 1139839
Will be nice when done. What are you putting it in?

CHOP.jpg

Mine was done in 2005, believed to be the first B-Body done. It was done by a car builder up north as a test mule for conversion kits he was going to sell. Everything on my car was a test with no parts available over the counter. Everything was hand made. Do I like it, of course I do, I bought it!! You won't be sorry.

I didn’t see the shoe horn, torch and welder in the above photos... surely you will need them! Factory big block 71 at that?

Auto Transport Service
Back