• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Hello All!!! a new Coronet revival here

Beecarsrock

Local time
5:29 PM
Reaction score
Hi guys. I am going to give this restoration stuff a go! I acquired a 1969 Coronet 440 / Super Bee clone project about a year ago and I am just now clearing the shop space to get rolling on it. I'm betting I will be here often for reference! It fits perfect for my household. I have 6 year old Twin girls that one of them absolutely loves Bees! every time they see a yellow car driving on the road, they both yell "bee car!". So the color is most defiantly going to be one of the shades of yellow. Then we can have a real super "bee car" of our own in the garage. I definitely have an excess of some parts that I am not going to use and will be posting those on here for sale down the road as well. Engine parts are all acquired other than pistons are on back order. 500 ci RB, Trick Flow heads, Hydraulic Roller Cam, TTI headers, Performer RPM intake. I have a Tremek TKX 5 Speed kit from SilverSport to put behind it. 8.75 rear end with 3.23 gears, more than likely going to swap for some 3.91's. I have the complete original 440 dash but also acquired a complete rallye dash that I will probably install instead. I have a very nice original bulge hood and inserts but I am going to be ordering a fiberglass lift off six pack hood. The car has a fair amount of the body work done and just have a few things to button up and then time to get to a sanding! I Oh boy, So much to do hahaha....anyways I'm excited to be an official member of the owner group!

Welcome from NM. Show us some pics of that Coronet, please.

Welcome from the central coast of Cali and a 65 500 owner.

Welcome from Illinois!! Consider starting a project thread to keep us posted on your progress. Sounds like you're thinking something like this . . .

0000.jpg

Welcome to FBBO

make sure to check out the Resto-mod & Pro-touring
or racers hangout forum sections here
should be right up your alley

Sounds like a cool type of proposed build Resto-mod :thumbsup::thumbsup:

good luck on the build

Welcome from New Zealand

Feel free to post photos. We love lots and lots of photos.

Welcome from Alabama, great plan, but we do want to see it.

Welcome from Missouri!!

Welcome from Southern California! Great project! Make sure to take a lot of photos along the way so we can play along!

Auto Transport Service
Back