• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Hello ALL!

SteveA922

Local time
8:42 AM
Reaction score
Hello guys, I'll make this brief and painless. When I was a little boy, dad purchased a new '68 Charger 440 and for the last 25+ years I've wanted to add one to my modest collection, so did last year. It's a '68 factory Red RT 440 / 4spd. It was frame off restored by Hodges a couple of years ago, but a few items need to be addressed and my OCD personality is nagging at me. So, I googled "best vintage Dodge Charger forums" and poof, here I am. Looking forward asking some questions, doing some research and enjoying spending time with likeminded people!

Last edited:
Couple of pics!

Resized_20220424_183233.jpeg

Resized_20220424_182455.jpeg

24752760-1968-dodge-charger-thumb.jpg

24752848-1968-dodge-charger-thumb (1).jpg

24752798-1968-dodge-charger-thumb.jpg

Welcome from Missouri!! Very nice!!

It was frame off restored by Hodges a couple of years ago...
Well, that would have been some trick....since Mopars don't have separate frames (like Generic Motors and Ferds do). :)
Can always tell a "newb" in Mopar world when they say things like "frame-off" and "posi"... :lol:

Nonetheless, you're in the right place (with the right car) now, so
congrats.jpg
and WELCOME!

newwelcome.jpg

There's always a "few" on every site, thanks for stepping right in and introducing yourself right away! LOL ;)

Welcome from NM. Nice '68. You are on the best site for all things Mopar.

Welcome to FBBO from NorCal Sierras

Nice car
& you're in the correct/right place
great members/helpful people & knowledgeable members
best MoPar forum on the -www-

**IMO just avoid dodgecharger.com/forum or MoParts.com like 'a plague',
maybe use it/them for a few resources, browsing etc.
way too Napoleonic & overbearing mods & a bunch of argumentative a--holes
most of its best/better members, 'are active here anyway'

Thanks guys! Like I said, looking forward to gaining knowledge and with some help on sorting a few things out. As for my California brethren, born and raised So Cal, Idaho since '07, I get it. LOL,

Welcome from Texas and I want my car back! :D

Auto Transport Service
Back