• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Hello Everyone

oldbiker

Local time
10:43 AM
Reaction score
im new here ...ill be picking up a 1970 satilite in a week or so ...ill post pics of the car so ill have before and after pics of the project ... what i have in the works is to make this a street car ...i want to do a back half with 4 link coilovers ...6 point cage ...frame connecters ...and all the good stuff .

i wanted to do this project cuz i saw a 69 charger the other day ...426 with 8-71 blower on the streets in ft worth ...it was throwing rocks at a ninja ...the guy on the bike was surprized to see this car with the front tires off the ground about 2 foot up and leaving him by 6 car links ...(funny part was him getting hit by asphalt) ive never seen this car at the drags , so im thinking he runs it for money on the streets ...

just seeing the car launch reminds me of the old days when i was 16 running my 67 camaro (331 hemi) turning 10's in the quarter ...now that im older (46) id like to try getting in the 9's or 8's if possible ...maybe even seeing that charger on the streets for a friendly run .

if there is anybody with any kind of help ...i sure would like to hear from you ... ill have some pics as soon as i get the car. btw...i need a good performance source

I haven't been out much lately, but that Charger doesn't sound familiar

I need to see pics of the '67 Camaro with the 331 in it. Do you have any showing the motor in the car?

i had some but lost them over the years ...wish i still had that car ...the hemi came out of a 54 new yorker ...super t-10 tranny ...5.13 gears ...it was my high school car ...it might still be around the west texas area ...someome told me they saw it in new mexico but who knows.

just went to get the car ...got the title and was going to get the car when we found out the car was stolen from his backyard ...im not out the money ...but we are trying to find the car.

Interesting.

I would suggest going to the club meeting tonight at Billy Bob's at 5:00 and talk about the car. Maybe someone knows something about it. Maybe someone else wound up buying the car, and the seller wasn't honest enough to tell you he sold it to someone else for more money.

Was this a local Ft.Worth car? PM me with the seller's name. I'm just curious....

the seller works with me ...real honest ...we traced the car somewhere close by ...dont want to give out too much info right now ...but ill keep you informed on what happens ...but if i cant find it ..i might need another cheap B body

im even thinkin of forgetting this project and building another bike ...or building a chevy

ive checked on the price of these mopars ...and their not cheap ...i make good money but i dont have anything saved right now i wanted this to be a project car that i can build as i got the money ...i can get a chevy for hundreds and start building before i can find a mopar. Ill give it another month then ill be forced to buy a chevy.

Yeah.....I know. You can buy a cam for a SBC for $39.00 and you can't for a Mopar.

But then again, I've never seen a SBM cam snap in half like I have a SBC:rolling:

who said i was using a small block? ...i had a 572 hemi in mind for this car. and the number 2 cylinder in a small block chevy rounding off the cam is a simple cure.

lol....just making the point of how cheap they are to build. And stuffing a Hemi in a bow tie will really piss of those people.

I'm all for that:angry3:

Sorry to hear about your car troubles. Fellow biker here and just sold the HD to get the Mopar!!! I just picked up this Satellite and almost went for another make cause i was getting discouraged...thank god that car was sold. I lukced out and scored with this car . Dont get discouraged! Hold out for the Mopar!! Your plan sounds awesome, you WILL find a car!! Good luck brother!

Hey

Im the kinda guy that hasnt got too much money, so a chevy for me would sound ideal for what im trying to do.

Light car with power, fast on street, good gearbox etc and good handling (with the much shorter wheel base cant compete)

And with the price being so cheap, chevy for sure. But guess what?

It will never be a bad *** dodge. So, i found myself a 1968 Dodge Charger with a 383 in it and a 4 speed hurst also has electronic ignition box fitted in it.

Now il just wait years to make this thing light like a chevy, and etc... sure MUCH MUCH More $$$ but in the end... this car is the best. Chevy will always just be a chevy. Cheap, sure, eye taking? No.

Stick with Mopar if u know whats good for u

i think you people are missing the point ...i have a car stolen ...from what ive heard , its easy to pull the vin and get another one ...so the car i had is just that, a car i had ...i sure would be glad to find another one for 1000 bucks with no rust and all there like the one i had.
if you know where i can find one please let me know.
sure i like mopars ...i got a dodge truck now ..im not a mopar hater ...stop treating me like one ...im just going to get what i can and do this project .

Any word on it?

I'm cleaning my guns. They need to get dirty again......

Auto Transport Service
Back