• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

hello from australia

mackaman1964

Local time
3:29 PM
Reaction score
hi all
mackaman here in oz i have a 73 charger rallye 400ci,auto,etc
and is now in the process of resoration its sat in the shed far too
long,i have a big problem at the moment when i got the car australian
laws said right hand drive! so with that out came the steering gear
and got thrown away then a gm rack was fitted .
but before that ever got finished children came along and you know
the rest,anyway now it can be lh drive so with no fire wall cut it`s back
to lh drive.
now here`s the problem i found the steering box mount and can see
where it should go along with some photos but the IDLER ARM MOUNT
is a differant story cannot find it and CANNOT find any good photos
of it.
can any PLEASE HELP with a good photo or drawing i gota get this
right or it`ll steer sh*t
so thats it for now hope i can get some help
regards mackaman

Welcome to the site from the Motor City! I can't help with your situation personally but you've come to the right place. I'm sure someone will chime in shortly that can help.

Welcome mackaman...Sorry, don't have any early 70's cars or manuals, plenty of guys around here that do though. Hopefully they pull through for you.

Good Day Mate, welcome to the FBBO forum from California... Any Photos of that 73 Charger 400ci Rallye ??, is it Right or Left hand drive ?? Maybe Try www.Allpar.com or www.MyMopar.com one of them may have a break down of the steering drawings/diagrams, someone here will probably have a drawing of the 73 Charger steering... There is also www.DodgeCharger.com if someone here can'thelp you...

Welcome aboard mackaman, There's a lot of great folks here and im sure one with a Charger will help you out! Great site for help when needed...

Welcome to FBBO Mackaman. I'm in Oz to, and I feel your pain.

Here in The Welcome Wagon is just where new members introduce themselves and are welcomed to the board.

Post your question in the appropriate sub-forum and you will get answers galore.

Cheers - Frank

Auto Transport Service
Back