• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Hello from BluePrint Engines

BluePrint Engines

FBBO Vendor
FBBO Sponsor
Local time
12:33 PM
Reaction score
Hello all, Just wanted to say hello on the official BluePrint Engines forum!

We're here to support the forum with mopar crate engines, mopar engine parts, and happy to answer any questions.

Please check out our website for what we have to offer, and we look forward to posting more threads with direct links to our products.

Also Our Projects Director @Johnny Mac is an active member of the forum, and in the mopar community, and happy to help with sales, tech, product selection, etc!

A little bit about BluePrint Engines. We're a performance engine builder and re seller. We are not a reman type rebuilder. Every engine we sell is dyno tested and comes with a 50K mile, 30 month warranty. Even our long block (CT) engines, that come without intakes. When looking at an engine like our chrysler 408, we have a multi point inspection for block selection, since we are utilizing a seasoned block. From this point on, there is very little re-used content that will ever be used in our finished product. The entire rotating assembly, bearings, etc etc are all new components. Being a stroker engine, with aftermarket aluminum heads, not much beyond the block and main caps can be re-used. So you're truly getting a basically new engine, with a seasoned block. Also much of our content is machined right at our facility in Nebraska.

As far as the lengths we go to check our parts, assembly process, and finished product are reliable and worry free, I already mentioned the Dyno testing on every engine, and the 50k mile 30 month warranty. Beyond that we wash down parts and perform sediment tests, we test oil and analyze oil filters post dyno, and measure multiple parameters during testing, all to ensure you get a great engine, that will perform as promised.

thanks all!

Quick Q and A from the FABO forum

Every engine we offer has a VERY extensive BOM (Build of materials) where bearing tolerances, cam degree specs, torque specs, etc are noted.
This information is all recorded and kept for our records. We will give this information to a customer if they request it.

Q: Do we degree cams on our performance engines?
A: Yes, we degree the camshafts to spec on our engines.

Q: Do we check bearing clearances?
A: Yes. every BOM has bearing clearances that must be met. Since we're doing everything in house there is less initial deviance when we control that part of assembly. Our facility is brand new, and we have CNC, laser measuring, and of course the manual measuring you have mentioned (both mics and plastigage) . We don't just throw them together...these are checked meticulously with everything from mics, to laser scanning in QC.

Q: Do we check valve and piston clearance?
A: Of course. Lets remember. These engines are designed to be streetable, reliable, and provide the best longevity and horsepower per dollar in the business. We would never produce an engine on the "outer limits" of piston to valve tolerances.

We're a company that cares about our customers, and provide a reliable performance engine we stand behind. I'm going to post a short video below with our facility shown. We're capable of punching out 50 engines a day. Let that ease the mind that these BOM's are long thought, and designed for longevity #1.

And above all, Yes we literally dyno test every engine we build. even the ones that are sold w/o intakes. If it has heads and an oil pan, it gets a full comprehensive dyno test. Not just a run session, but actual dyno pulls measuring temp on all 8 cylinders, using UV dye in oil to check with tiny leaks, etc, etc.

Lastly, we're trusted by Jegs, Summit, Speedway, and more.

Thanks guys, great to have you. Nice to see you back on here Johnny
Thanks much! my ol B body is just sitting around waiting for spring! maybe a couple of turbo's! glad to be representing such a great company!

Welcome to the forum! I work at a hot rod shop and we've been using your 383 stroker 430hp SBC engines on a couple of our recent builds. We run them with FAST fuel injection and they are nice solid engines. I recently just talked my uncle into the same 383/430 HP crate motor for his '76 Corvette that he will be purchasing in the next couple of weeks.

I have a Chevy 355 in my T-Bucket that I put in 2014. I got 8900 miles and totally satisfied. I would recommend them.
5-15-14 Engine FWD.jpg

Thank you all!!! appreciate the positive feedback!

Now lets get some more Mopar engines out there :)

I currently just have big block add on parts. Cores and popularity unfortunatey killed my 493 for now. I realize with only a handful of stroker sb offerings we won't be as popular with the B crowd, but keep us in mind for distributors, starters, could, fuel pumps. Etc. I also shed a tear for the 493...sorry guys.

Hello guys, so correct me if I'm wrong but what you say is that BluePrint Engines doesn't sell the 493 big block anymore?

Hello guys, so correct me if I'm wrong but what you say is that BluePrint Engines doesn't sell the 493 big block anymore?
unfortunately we are no longer producing the 493. correct. Low sales and no core availability.

Johnny Mac, i'm a mopar lover thru and thru, but not everything can be a mopar! I've got a straight axle opel gasser with a 454 that I want to upgrade to your dressed 540 but I can't find out if the exhaust ports are in stock location. The custom coated fenderwell headers will not fit a raised port or a tall deck, and I don't want to have new ones made.

Johnny Mac, i'm a mopar lover thru and thru, but not everything can be a mopar! I've got a straight axle opel gasser with a 454 that I want to upgrade to your dressed 540 but I can't find out if the exhaust ports are in stock location. The custom coated fenderwell headers will not fit a raised port or a tall deck, and I don't want to have new ones made.

Hey buddy. Deck location is standard for sure. Exhaust ports should be standard also but I will check for you for sure from the office monday!! Send me a pm if I forget!

our BBC use standard headers, as confirmed by engineering. Ex port is marginally raised, but flange is unchanged. These would have no more variance that any other aftermarket heads. Unless the headers already have fitment issues, i think you'll be fine. I'd take them loose with the current engine in there, and pull upward. That should help gauge how much wiggle you have.

our BBC use standard headers, as confirmed by engineering. Ex port is marginally raised, but flange is unchanged. These would have no more variance that any other aftermarket heads. Unless the headers already have fitment issues, i think you'll be fine. I'd take them loose with the current engine in there, and pull upward. That should help gauge how much wiggle you have.
hanks for getting back johnny, I appreciate it. My headers are fenderwell but one tube on each side is about a half inch under a roll cage down tube, and they are tucked tight to the floor. they are large tube so if the bolt hole locations are stock on the heads, slight raising of the ports themselves is no problem..
the typical .4 to.75" raised ports won't fly. We'll be doing business shortly, thanks again!

hanks for getting back johnny, I appreciate it. My headers are fenderwell but one tube on each side is about a half inch under a roll cage down tube, and they are tucked tight to the floor. they are large tube so if the bolt hole locations are stock on the heads, slight raising of the ports themselves is no problem..
the typical .4 to.75" raised ports won't fly. We'll be doing business shortly, thanks again!
Since you're that tight, I'm pulling the engineering drawings to get an exact measurement. I'd hate for my definition of "marginally" to differ from anyone elses. They aren't .750, but they may be .300...I'll be in touch when i have better info!

Auto Transport Service
Back