• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Hello from Florida

Lots of FL folks on here.

Welcome.

Thanks for the link. Full time / part time, it doesn't matter. Your still a fellow brother. Stay safe. It's a crazy world out there.

- - - Updated - - -

Yes she is pretty rough, but a real RM code car with an air grabber hood from the factory in B5 blue. I will restore her. Started ordering a bunch of parts for this one and the 73 Challenger. I guess I'm a sucker for punishment........LOL

- - - Updated - - -

IMG_3066.jpgIMG_3433.jpgIMG_5460.jpgIMG_5621.jpgIMG_6469.jpgIMG_7899.jpgIMG_9696.jpg I know this forum is for B body cars, but I wanted to post some of the latest Duster pictures. As soon as this one is done, I can start of the 71 Road Runner. It will hopefully be done in a few weeks. Then I'll start posting pictures of the RR too......... Thanks to everyone for the warm welcome!!!! Take care.

Thanks for the link. Full time / part time, it doesn't matter. Your still a fellow brother. Stay safe. It's a crazy world out there.

Yup - agreed. I meant I'm not in the union - LOL. Back at ya, bro - stay safe. And keep those great pics coming - beautiful cars!

looking good thanks for some updates :headbang:

Welcome and thanks for your service ( both Army and FF). Looks like you have a great setup to work on your cars !!!!

Thanks. It took me a long while to get the setup that I have now. I'm very fortunate to have it, but I don't forget where I came from. I can remember back in the day..... Laying on my back under a car (in the sand) lifting up a greasy transmission by hand so that I could put it back in the car. At 2AM...........while getting eaten alive my mosquitos and burned by the drop light. Just so I could drive my car to work in the morning...... Ah, those were the days!!!! LOL

Yeah, back when we were young, foolish and recovered a lot faster than we do now !!!!!!!

Thanks. It took me a long while to get the setup that I have now. I'm very fortunate to have it, but I don't forget where I came from. I can remember back in the day..... Laying on my back under a car (in the sand) lifting up a greasy transmission by hand so that I could put it back in the car. At 2AM...........while getting eaten alive my mosquitos and burned by the drop light. Just so I could drive my car to work in the morning...... Ah, those were the days!!!! LOL

Welcome to the site! You do some really nice work.

I am just up the road, semi-restoring my first Mopar, have no clue what I am doing, and it is kicking my butt and making me broke, Having fun though and that is what is important. LOL

I hear that !!!!!

- - - Updated - - -

Thanks for the kind words. This is a great hobby, and you nailed it when you said "having fun though". That is what is important, along with friends and family. We only get to go on this ride once, so make the very best of it while you can. I take it your working on a GTX ??? This forum is a great source of knowledge. "ask and ye shall receive!!" I'm sure any questions you may have can be answered here. Like you said I'm right down the road, so please don't hesitate to contact me. Take care.

I broke down one time just east if Houston in a little town way back in 1983. I think it was called Pasadena right on I-10. The front pump bushing in my Challenger's transmission decided to weld itself to the torque converter at 2 AM and started pouring out ATF. I was able to limp the car into a transmission repair shop that was right there by the exit. Slept in the car until the shop opened at 8 AM. An elderly man who owned the shop was sympathetic with me because he knew I would be AWOL if I didn't make it back to Ft. Bliss in 2 days. So he took my car in first ahead of his other scheduled jobs. I helped him pull the tranny and fix it. I was back on the road by 11. He was a very nice man and I never forgot how he saved my @&$ from loosing a few stripes !!! Man I was lucky. The big man up stairs has looked after me a lot......

- - - Updated - - -

Thanks for the compliments brother.

Latest restoration photos.

Yesterday the new front speaker came in for the Duster. I decided the best way to install it was to roll the dash back away from the firewall since the windsheild is not in yet. This allowed me to wire up the MSD box and everything for the Auto Meter gauges and tachometer. The speaker was made by a company called Retro Sound out of CA. It's a dual voice coil 4 X 10. Here are the pictures that show it installed. I had to make 2 small metal brackets so that the speaker would be a true bolt in.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    54.5 KB · Views: 113
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    59.1 KB · Views: 119
That top picture is freaking me out. It's obviously upside down but what did you do stretch it length ways? Car is looking sweet though.

What were you doing hanging upside down from the rafters at an angle to the front windshield LOL. At first I thought it was taken through a sunroof but realized that's not what was going on.

attachment.jpg

Hello

That top picture is freaking me out. It's obviously upside down but what did you do stretch it length ways? Car is looking sweet though.

What were you doing hanging upside down from the rafters at an angle to the front windshield LOL. At first I thought it was taken through a sunroof but realized that's not what was going on.

attachment.jpg

Welcome aboard, nice work. I thought the same thing, was taken thru a sunroof at first..LOL.

Thank you. I like the Coronet !!

- - - Updated - - -

Welcome aboard, nice work. I thought the same thing, was taken thru a sunroof at first..LOL.
Sorry about that!!! I took the pictures with my phone and didn't rotate them properly before I posted them. ( then it was too late to change). My ankles still hurt from hanging from the rafters!!! Lol

- - - Updated - - -

Sorry about that!!! I took the pictures with my phone and didn't rotate them properly before I posted them. ( then it was too late to change). My ankles still hurt from hanging from the rafters!!! Lol

Auto Transport Service
Back